La Cruz, Bucerias, Sayalita

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

vallartalover1
PV Fan
PV Fan
La Cruz, Bucerias, Sayalita

Post by vallartalover1 » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:02 am

Question...

Has anyone ventured to:
La Cruz, Bucerias, Sayalita?

I have been up there twice, all the way to Punta de Mita, and wondered if you have any ideas, suggestions, spots for fun and local culture.

vallartalover

55ford

Re:La Cruz, Bucerias, Sayalita

Post by 55ford » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:53 pm

Bucerias and Sayulita are really laid back. The Sayulita beach is really interesting and you could spend the entire day sitting at a cantina on the beach and sipping margaritas. We rented a jeep for the day ($80 US) and took the drive beyond Punta Mita to these towns and also stopped in San Francisco (most beautiful beach in the area). Next year we will rent a jeep for the same trip and stay overnight in Sayulita. Try it and I think you will enjoy the adventure.

bzy1

Post by bzy1 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:40 pm

If you go to Sayulita, be sure to hit the beach that is through the cemetery road, past Villa Amor. Usually only a couple people there, if any, and beautiful!

Lo de Marco is another great town with a nice beach, especially Playa Minitas. Also in Lo de Marco is a small little restaurant that does shrimp for under $50 pesos and fish filetes for ynder $30- on the right side of the street heading to the beach. They have little signs up advertising the prices...about 3 block or so from the beach.

whitey
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by whitey » Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:29 am

SAYULITA is fun - and easy to visit. It is still quite, but building up fast. Beach is dark sand but full of surfers. Many N. Californians have moved there including chef/owner of Don Pedro's a very good beach restaurant. PLAYA LO DE MARCO has some nice large homes and a private club on the beach, but very quiet, PLAYA EL VENADO is more remote, but water is rough. Just keep exploring along the coast and you will find the perfect beach for you. And do walk the paths along the coast. Park and walk. 15 or 20 min walk and you will discover paradise. You go through some "jungle" and may wake up a monkey or two, we did.

vallartalover1
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by vallartalover1 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:01 pm

Thanks to all of you for the fine responses. I am going to go there maybe in a couple weeks. I love Bucerias and wish to check out a music venue in La Cruz, so may be able to drive on farther to Sayulita...I learned how to spell it!

rene

Post by rene » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:21 am

vallartalover (Apr 07, 2004 08:02 p.m.):
Question...

Has anyone ventured to:
La Cruz, Bucerias, Sayalita?

I have been up there twice, all the way to Punta de Mita, and wondered if you have any ideas, suggestions, spots for fun and local culture.

vallartalover
dont forget u cant get to Sayulita from Punta de Mita
stay on hwy 200 towards Tepic and u will find all the exits to Sayulita San Francisco Lo de Marco etc..lovely places

pvdeb
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvdeb » Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:58 pm

Well, you CAN get to Sayulita from Punta Mita, but you'd have to know the back road. It's asphalt part of the way, to the village of Higuera Blanca, then it turns to dirt road and you really have to have a 4-wheel drive to try it. There were some low-water crossings, but they were working on some bridges or higher crossings when we went through there. It is the longer way around, but easiest drive is back to Hwy. 200 and then north.

E Chick

Post by E Chick » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:46 am

The back road is an adventure! You get to see REAL Mexico. We took hwy 200 to Sayulita and the back road back through the mountains and jungle to Punta de Mita. Don't miss Don Pedros in Sayulita it has great food!

vallartalover1
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by vallartalover1 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:35 am

E Chick (Apr 24, 2004 08:46 p.m.):
Don't miss Don Pedros in Sayulita it has great food!
Does that Don Pedros have live music from time to time? I gather from a Yahoo music group that the scene is going into semi-full rest as the snowbirds fly north for the spring. I have always migrated against the flock! I guess Bucerias may have a club having a little music going on in May. Also read that Mariachi music may be explored a bit more in the near future. That I do love!

el_camino88
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by el_camino88 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:15 am

my god, bucerias is like heaven on earth. i recently vacationed there for a week at this sweet little condo complex and it was just absolutely amazing. i loved it so much i am moving down there next year. if you go, you must go to the red apple place restaurant and have fried ice cream...AMAZING lol. bucerias is the place to be!!

vallartalover1
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re: La Cruz, Bucerias, Sayalita

Post by vallartalover1 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:29 pm

Then you know my personal fave Dugarel's Plays? Giante camarones y garlic...oops, I forgot the dish title! Love sitting there on the playa and watching boats/ships/cruises/kids/sports. Aaah, as I have written before...this is Paraiso, si?

I love it there too and hope that you report whatever else is a highlight. Do you go to La Cruz?

melis (Apr 25, 2004 10:15 p.m.):
my god, bucerias is like heaven on earth. i recently vacationed there for a week at this sweet little condo complex and it was just absolutely amazing. i loved it so much i am moving down there next year. if you go, you must go to the red apple place restaurant and have fried ice cream...AMAZING lol. bucerias is the place to be!!

Hyme

Post by Hyme » Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:09 pm

whitey (Apr 09, 2004 10:29 p.m.):There are no monkeys in or near PV.Adios.Hyme
SAYULITA is fun - and easy to visit. It is still quite, but building up fast. Beach is dark sand but full of surfers. Many N. Californians have moved there including chef/owner of Don Pedro's a very good beach restaurant. PLAYA LO DE MARCO has some nice large homes and a private club on the beach, but very quiet, PLAYA EL VENADO is more remote, but water is rough. Just keep exploring along the coast and you will find the perfect beach for you. And do walk the paths along the coast. Park and walk. 15 or 20 min walk and you will discover paradise. You go through some "jungle" and may wake up a monkey or two, we did.

whitey
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by whitey » Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:55 pm

HYME, looked like monkeys to me, but have been told not howlers...travel north of PV is worth the trip.

zapata

Post by zapata » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:24 pm

That article is in error. There are no howler monkeys near Vallarta.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Post by connor » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:05 pm

howler monkeys are not in p.v. that was just some girls leaving the hardrock cafe at 3 in the morning. the howlers reside mainly in Belize but can also be found in other central american and southamerican rainforests. they live to be about 20 years old and weigh up to 15 pds. there diet consists of mainly fruits and nuts. they are very loud. .m.m.