Cilantro Ginger Dorado

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tgammon
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Cilantro Ginger Dorado

Post by tgammon » Mon May 24, 2004 9:22 pm

Got this from Phil of PV's fishing report website...

CILANTRO GINGER DORADO

Use the Cilantro-Ginger sauce as both a marinade and a serving sauce. Serves 4.

1 clove garlic
1/2 small jalapeño pepper
1 one-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (3-4 limes)
1 cup packed cilantro leaves
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 one-and-one-half-pound Dorado Filet, skin removed and cut into 4 equal pieces

Combine garlic, jalapeño pepper, ginger, lime juice, and cilantro in the jar of a blender. Cover blender, and remove the stopper. Turn on blender, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Process until mixture is bright green and smooth. Season cilantro sauce to taste with salt and black pepper.

Season both sides of fillets with salt and black pepper. Brush the top of each fillet with 1 tablespoon cilantro sauce.

Fill a large high-sided skillet with 1 inch water. Set over high heat, and bring to a boil. Set a steamer basket in the skillet, and arrange fillets in basket. Cover, and steam until fish has just cooked through but is still moist, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove fish from steamer, drizzle with additional cilantro sauce, and serve.

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Re:Cilantro Ginger Dorado

Post by connor » Mon May 24, 2004 9:27 pm

wow. sounds great. anything with ginger in it is fine with me.

1st but not last timer

Post by 1st but not last timer » Thu May 27, 2004 4:22 am

I was wondering what kind of fish is Dorado? Can you use something else if you don't have it? Thanks...

tgammon
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tgammon » Thu May 27, 2004 2:09 pm

Dorado is Mahi Mahi...
I am sure you could substitute another fish for it...my next favorite would be red snapper, or at home we get rockfish which is a type of snapper...but I would think it would be good with swordfish, tuna, or even salmon...