Tropical Rum Punch

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tgammon
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Tropical Rum Punch

Post by tgammon » Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:01 pm

2 12-ounce cans mango nectar
2 12-ounce cans guava nectar
2 cups canned unsweetened pineapple juice...or buy frozen concentrate...tastes a little less "tinny"
1 1/2 cups canned coconut cream (such as Coco Lopez), well mixed
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 cups amber (gold) rum or more to taste...

I star fruit, cut into slices for garnish...makes a cool garnish of a little yellow star on each glass! Otherwise if you can't get star fruit garnish with lime, or pineapple, or drink umbrella!

Combine mango nectar, guava nectar, pineapple juice, coconut cream, lime juice and amber rum in large pitcher. (Punch can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Mix well before using.)

You need lots of ice...17or 18 cups ice cubes...

Combine 1 cup punch and 2 cups ice cubes in blender and blend until smooth and thick. Pour into glasses. Garnish with slice of star fruit. Repeat with remaining punch in batches.

12 servings

connor
PV Master
PV Master

Re:Tropical Rum Punch

Post by connor » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:27 am

We are going to a Christmas party this weekend. We have been asked to make a punch . I can't think of a better one than this.

jjbcroft
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jjbcroft » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:23 am

MM,
Did you try this recipe? How was it?

margarita man

Post by margarita man » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:53 pm

Lets put it this way jj. We are now in charge of the Tropical Rum Punch at the next get together on Christmas Eve at my sisters house.
It was a smash. You have to try it.