Favorite Mexican Recipe

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Chinooks
Favorite Mexican Recipe

Post by Chinooks » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:32 pm

Hi there,
I am looking for your all time favorite Mexican recipe... main course type... not dessert or appetizer.
Thanks very much.

venetis

Post by venetis » Wed May 18, 2011 11:30 am

I like Mexican food, Here i am posting an easy recipe:
Acapulco Enchiladas

Ingredients

* 2 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
* 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
* 1 cup slivered or coarsely chopped almonds
* 3 cups Mexican Enchilada Sauce
* 12 corn tortillas (7-inch)
* Vegetable oil for frying
* 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
* 1 cup sour cream
* 2 tablespoons minced green onions
Preparation

* 1. Combine chicken, olives, almonds, and enough of the enchilada sauce to moisten (about 1/3 cup).
* 2. Use tongs to dip the tortillas into medium-hot oil. Fry tortillas just a few seconds, until they bubble and are limp--do not fry crisp.
* 3. Dip fried tortilla into heated enchilada sauce as soon as it comes out of the hot fat. A cake pan just larger than the tortilla is an ideal utensil.
* 4. Lay sauce-dipped tortilla out on a board or pan. (This part of enchilada making is admittedly slightly messy, but well worth the trouble.) Generously spoon the chicken filling in the center of the tortilla.
* 5. Turn tortilla over the filling, roll, and place (with the flap pointing down) in baking pan. Fry, dip, fill, and roll remaining tortillas. Ladle additional enchilada sauce over enchiladas and top with cheddar. Place enchiladas in a moderate oven (350°) for 15 to 20 minutes--or until thoroughly heated. Mix cold sour cream with onions and serve as a sauce.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Fri May 20, 2011 12:42 am

I make a wicked Arroz con pollo but I can't give you a recipe becase there is none, i just throw it together and it comes out good.