Satellite TV and Telco Options....Help!

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

FLORIDA FRANK
Satellite TV and Telco Options....Help!

Post by FLORIDA FRANK » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:07 pm

We have are purchasing a villa home in PV and seek guidance from all of you 'PV Pros' on a couple of areas, please.
First: As we do not have cable TV at our Conchas Chinas villa, what are the best TV Satellite systems possible? Rates?
Second, Can your advise of best long distance set-up to call/fax back to the states? We will have a land line telephone in place at closing in December but don't know the best way to 'call home'. I assume Vonage won';t work without DSL/Cable in place.
Lastly, does anyone know of a good seamstress to recover cushions and funriture?
Thanks to all for your advise and help! I hope to be doing the same some years from now!

Doug

Re:Satellite TV and Telco Options....Help!

Post by Doug » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:19 pm

Direct TV is available for Latin America as well as Sky. Unfortunately, the majority of the channels are in Spanish. I live in Tecate, Mexico and have Direct TV USA. I had it hooked to my address in the US and then moved the receiver and dish to Mexico. I now get everything in English and it feels just like being stateside :)

bzy1inpv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bzy1inpv » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:17 pm

Send me an email as I know someone who can get you good satelite TV, and info about calling back to the States, etc.

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by matt » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:41 am

The Latin America service of Sky is being sold to DirecTV:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/10/ ... 60171.html