real estate broker area/recommendations

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

woodinb2
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
real estate broker area/recommendations

Post by woodinb2 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:38 pm

I am semi retired living in florida and am looking for a house in pv that hopefully will be my final retirement home 2 yrs down the road, need some help with the different area and a broker more interested in satisfying my requirements instead of making a sale which is the norm here, any suggestions ??? I'm looking for something close to town/shopping,walking distance /bus route, is there an area I should/should not look at ??? I would like to stay in the 125K range ?? is this realistic, thanks for your help in advance,

msroque

Re:real estate broker area/recommendations

Post by msroque » Sun Feb 06, 2005 5:11 am

I WILL retire there as well & I'm curious as to what is availalbe.. If you run into any great recommendations you wish to share, please send them my way. We've vacationed there 4 years and will be there March 22-April 1. We live in alaska and PV is where I want to retire for at least 6 months a year.

Good luck..
Cindy

pmt

Post by pmt » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:58 am

I would highly recommend contacting Susan Wiseman, owner and operator of Bayside Properties here in Vallarta. Well respected, very honest - a great lady. Her website is www.baysidepuertovallarta.com

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:13 pm

pmt (Feb 06, 2005 09:58 p.m.):
I would highly recommend contacting Susan Wiseman, owner and operator of Bayside Properties here in Vallarta. Well respected, very honest - a great lady. Her website is www.baysidepuertovallarta.com
I too would recommend Susan. We have stayed at her place a couple times, and she is wonderful. I would never doubt her integrity and honesty. You might want to try the updated website though....

http://www.baysidepropertiespv.com/

north
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by north » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:41 pm

Speaking from sad personal experience, I would only deal with someone recommended by a foreigner living in PV, such as PMT. Do not be fooled by the big American franchises. Read the fine print. "Each office is independently owned and operated." If you have a problem the American home office could not care less. They don't want to hear about it and will tell you to work it out in Mexico.

Be aware that it is common practice in PV for realtors to keep the sales commission whether or not the deal ever closes. You will find that your earnest money conveniently equals the sales commission. If your deal does not close you will never see your money again.

Also be aware that realtors are not licensed in Mexico. You may get lucky and find a reputable, caring, honest, experienced realtor. Then again, you may get someone who was driiving a taxi yesterday.

I know that there are many happy foreign property owners in PV. However, you have no comprehension of how many ways a deal can go bad. My best advise to you is to stay happy. Be a renter, not an owner in PV.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:54 pm

north (Feb 07, 2005 02:41 p.m.):
Speaking from sad personal experience, I would only deal with someone recommended by a foreigner living in PV, such as PMT. Do not be fooled by the big American franchises. Read the fine print. "Each office is independently owned and operated." If you have a problem the American home office could not care less. They don't want to hear about it and will tell you to work it out in Mexico.

Be aware that it is common practice in PV for realtors to keep the sales commission whether or not the deal ever closes. You will find that your earnest money conveniently equals the sales commission. If your deal does not close you will never see your money again.

Also be aware that realtors are not licensed in Mexico. You may get lucky and find a reputable, caring, honest, experienced realtor. Then again, you may get someone who was driiving a taxi yesterday.

I know that there are many happy foreign property owners in PV. However, you have no comprehension of how many ways a deal can go bad. My best advise to you is to stay happy. Be a renter, not an owner in PV.

It is very unfortunate you got burned in your Real Estate deal. Having said that however, I find the last line of your post rather odd considering how many people (by your own admission - "I know that there are many happy foreign property owners in PV") actually DO own Real Estate there.

I think better advice would be to be very careful with whom you decide to deal, rather than to not do it at all.

Susan is originally from Toronto, and as such, has gone thorugh the trials and tribulations of becoming a foreign property owner herself, notwithstanding the fact that she is now in Proprty Management / real Estate herself, and can relate to the process from the both the buyers perspective, as well as sellers.

Again, the key here is find someone with good references, that you can trust. Susan IS such a person.

(And no, I have NO vested interest in saying so, beyond wanting her to do well, as she deserves it through her hard work and integrity).

Karen

Post by Karen » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:17 pm

I would highly recommend Marla Hoover @ Tropicasa realty. She is an aggressive realtor (which one needs); she worked FOR me daily while I was in the states looking for a place. She would E me new listings daily with descriptions, etc. When I went to PV (many times) to narrow down the search she spent all the time with me. She answered all my questions. Her office is professional, the closing went quite smooth as did inspections, etc. They have an attorney that works solely for their office. Marla is originally from Seattle; Tropicasa is owned by a professional and helpful Canadian gentleman. marlahoover@prodigy.net.mx.

augustine (Jan 20, 2005 10:38 a.m.):
I am semi retired living in florida and am looking for a house in pv that hopefully will be my final retirement home 2 yrs down the road, need some help with the different area and a broker more interested in satisfying my requirements instead of making a sale which is the norm here, any suggestions ??? I'm looking for something close to town/shopping,walking distance /bus route, is there an area I should/should not look at ??? I would like to stay in the 125K range ?? is this realistic, thanks for your help in advance,

Billsf

Post by Billsf » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:51 pm

I purchased a condo through Mark Venegas of Venegas Realty in December 2004. He was very helpful and professional and I'm glad that I chose him. I was also impressed with the agents at Tropicasa.

Judimex

Post by Judimex » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:26 pm

I have heard good things from the above mentioned names also. There is also Tom & Hector ( both Canadians ) who work at Re/Max Exotic realty at the marina. VERY honest and hard working. exoticrealty@pvnet.com.mx

Max

Post by Max » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:18 am

I just bought my second home in PVR in this beautiful brand new building!!!! close to everything and one block from the beach,
and 5 blocks from downtown; the prices are very affordable for PVR... check out their website at [www.lajoyavallarta.com]
if you want more info contact Rebecca Hernandez , (322) 888 1129 she is a great real estate person! highly recomend speaks english fluently.
tell her I recomended you.

Max Molina.
good luck.

jhoefle
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jhoefle » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:08 pm

Max - I just tried the website you recommended and my computer couldn't find it. I something missing? or am I just having a bad day?

Max2

Post by Max2 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:20 am

Judilee, it works that's the website address, try ir again and let me know....

jhoefle
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by jhoefle » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:27 pm

Thanks Max - I got it to work just had to use a different search engine

swatson
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: real estate broker area/recommendations

Post by swatson » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:40 pm

Hello there,
I would highly recommend Susan Wiseman & Marla Hoover.