I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

matt
PV Guru
PV Guru
I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...

Post by matt » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:07 am

With the onset of Winter in Puerto Vallarta just around the corner, its a good time to think about the poorer local kids who need warm clothing. Granted, it doesn't get that cold in PV, so Artic polar coats aren't needed. But, warm socks, sweaters and other similar clothing are much appreciated. There are several local organizations and charities who can use your donation, including Refugio Infantil Santa Esperanza.

Why not use some luggage space to bring a few new or used clothing items down? On your return home, the empty space in your luggage will be great for toting all those souvenirs back home!

While you're at it bring a warm sweater for yourself if a nighttime cruise across the bay is in your wintertime vacation plans. The chilled breezes across the open bay can be slightly uncomfortable for all but the most seasoned of seadogs!

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

clothes

Post by stew » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:59 am

Great idea. While not a wealthy person I do bring a bag of donations down each year to a pet charity of mine which in my case is the children's library at Barra de Pottosi in Guerrero. I also support a child in school, only 250 USD keeps the child in books, clothes, tuition & lunch for a year in Zihuatanrjo. I am sure there is a similar program in PV but if anyone wants info on Friends of Ninos Adelante scholarship program E mail me.