Airtouchmexico

All subjects that don't fit in the previous categories, including recipes, moving to PV, off the beaten path trips, cultural and non-profit and more.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Airtouchmexico

Post by Ann » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:13 am

Anybody have any experience with this real estate company?

The website is at (www.airtouchmexico.com)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:10 pm

Not I. Are they local? We used Tropicasa and they took care of everything for us when we bought.

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Post by lyrihn » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:55 pm

I was interested in some of the properties that they had as the listing agent -- it took forever (2 weeks) to get information from them and when i did the prices were way above market.

I had been interested in properties they had near la cruz and one in Higuera Blanca.

So I was not too impressed, but was just an isolated experience so maybe they were busy or out of town. This was about a year ago.

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Ann » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:00 pm

lyrihn wrote:I was interested in some of the properties that they had as the listing agent -- it took forever (2 weeks) to get information from them and when i did the prices were way above market.

I had been interested in properties they had near la cruz and one in Higuera Blanca.

So I was not too impressed, but was just an isolated experience so maybe they were busy or out of town. This was about a year ago.
Nobody had responded to my emails after 4 days. The first 3 toll free numbers from Canada didn't work but, the 4th, I managed to get through. When the agent emailed me back after such, she indicated the price was $4,000 U.S. higher than what was listed on the website. Just wondered.

marcos
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Real Estate In General

Post by marcos » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:15 pm

As a general real estate topic, please remember that any agent can sell you any property listed in the MLS, regardless of who has it listed.

Most of the so-called agents in Vallarta will undoubtedly not tell you the truth in the first place, especially the listing agent.

If I were you I'd try to find someone I liked (on one of your trips to PV) then work with that person as your buyer's representative.

north
PV Fan
PV Fan

Airtouch

Post by north » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:10 am

Ann--I have never heard of this realtor and don't know anything about them.

Marcos has given you some good advice. A listing agent will try to tell you that he can equally represent both the buyer and seller. Of course. He doesn't want to split the commission. Don't believe him. He is only representing the seller. Get yourself a buyer's realtor.

Don't forget, realtors in Mexico are not licensed. They can be driving a taxi one day and calling themselves a realtor the next day.

Being a member of AMPI means very little other than you can use the MLS. If you can pass a basic test and pay the nominal annual fee you can be a member of AMPI. AMPI does little or nothing to police its members.

Someone on another board suggested that you ask a realtor for some client references. Obviously the realtor is not going to give you the name of someone who had a bad experience. You need to get references from expats who live in PV.

Don't be fooled by the well known American franchises. The American home office couldn't care less what happens in Mexico. Each office is independently owned and operated. If you have a problem with a realtor in PV you will left on your own to take care of. The home office will do nothing.

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Ann » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:15 am

ellen wrote:Not I. Are they local? We used Tropicasa and they took care of everything for us when we bought.
Yup, they appear to be.

cmonroe
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by cmonroe » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:28 am

Try Gary Ford at PV Realty. He is the best! Great customer service! I am a TOP realtor from California so I know what I am talking about. His e-mail is garyford@pvre.com

PV_Fubar
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Airtouchmexico

Post by PV_Fubar » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:21 am

If you are thinking about buying real estate in Mexico you should check out the following web site:

(http://www.justobeythelaw.com/)

It really opend my eyes.
As always do your DD and Buyer beware!

fUbAr

cook
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

realstate

Post by cook » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:20 am

one of the best is Prudential California Realty ask for Regis Gaunet

give me outstanding service and he speak 4 language

tel: toll free from us & canada 1 888 prudmex