vans out of airport?

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
vans out of airport?

Post by rcracing » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:16 am

we are traveling as a party of 6 and were wondering if in addition to taxis at the airport if there are vans that could take us all? any quick help would be greatly appreciated as we fly out monday morning... :D if we have to we can take 2 taxis but figured a van may be a better deal. thanks

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:27 pm

They are called collectivos and cheaper than taxis, but you may have to share with another party. One way to meet people. 8)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:17 pm

Yes, they have van-style taxis for rent at the airport too. Just specify when you ask for one - although, they will probably be 2 steps ahead of you and able to see that you need the larger size.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Use the Porters

Post by Jennybean » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:28 pm

I would imagine if you used one of the porters near the baggage claim to gather all the luggage for the group, chances are good he will direct you straight to the proper sized vehicle.

Since it's usually just little ol' me and my suitcase(s) I don't use the porters, but I hear they are a fantastic source to get you past the timeshare gauntlet without being harangued. LOL

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:19 am

Speaking of the t.s. reps, they'll offer you a free ride to your hotel in xchange for your presence at a sales pitch. Accept at your own risk.

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

answer to my own question

Post by rcracing » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:26 am

we were able to get a suburban out of the airport that fit all 6 of us plus luggage. the cost was $20 to hotel rosita at the begining of the malecon. i found it kind of odd though since prices are suppose to be fixed out of the airport and the cost initially started at $30. any input on this from anyone?

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Taxi

Post by Jennybean » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:45 pm

Did you purchase your ticket for the trip at the taxi booth, or did you just negotiate with someone in or outside the airport? The rates at the taxi booths are set, and posted. They are to be non negotiable, and I've never been allowed to (nor have I attempted lol) negotiate them.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:35 pm

Hey, RC, ya havin' fun yet?

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Ann » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:03 am

I always walk out of the airport, cross the overpass to the other side of the street, and catch a taxi from there. It's always been much cheaper for me but, I haven't travelled with a group.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:06 pm

I am almost thinking when i arranged for a "limo" service to pick us up at the airport, it was like $10 USD over the posted rates, but i am not positive about it... nor can i find the company i e-mailed to find our their current rates... it was one of the first times we were coming down for two weeks with another couple out of denver and they were coming for two weeks, and we both knew we were going to over pack with excessive luggage and would need a suburban or van to get us there.... oh well if i come accross it, with a link to their website, i will post it here...

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rcracing » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:30 am

just outside the airport a guy asked if we were all together and needed a suburban, we said yes and asked the price. he first responded with $30 and we kept walking, he then bumped it to $20 and we took him up on it, all this was about 20 feet from the cab-ticket booth.

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rcracing » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:35 am

davilin wrote:Hey, RC, ya havin' fun yet?
actually no davlin, though it was nice to come home to a 2 day work week last week :D . other than that it's not good because it's snowing here tonight. spoke to my son tonight, he left for chico the day after we got back from mexico, sounds like he starts at toys-r-us tomorrow :D i may have to hire you to go check on him since he lives over on nord avenue. :lol:

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:05 am

rcracing wrote:
davilin wrote:Hey, RC, ya havin' fun yet?
actually no davlin, though it was nice to come home to a 2 day work week last week :D . other than that it's not good because it's snowing here tonight. spoke to my son tonight, he left for chico the day after we got back from mexico, sounds like he starts at toys-r-us tomorrow :D i may have to hire you to go check on him since he lives over on nord avenue. :lol:
Don't want to scare you, but that's the middle of student town. Party central. But you already knew that, since you feel the need to check up on him, lol. Anyway, you did have fun in P.V. I hope?

bounce530
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by bounce530 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:49 pm

Small world?
I live just up the hill in Paradise.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:21 am

bounce530 wrote:Small world?
[hello]

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by rcracing » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:25 am

bounce530 wrote:Small world?
yes it is...my best friend lives up in the sawmill/billie rd. area. i really wish i was back down in your area now...the weather up in north eastern cali is pretty darn cold tonight :cry: