Taxis

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chance
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Taxis

Post by chance » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:58 pm

Have a couple of questions. Has anyone used Puerto Vallarta Tours by Johann and Sandra I know that they have sold the company but was wondering if anyone has used them since then ie for hotel transportation. Second one can you request a Suburban at the cab desk as the are four of us. We usually grab a cab but there are four of us.

Thanks 8)

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:42 pm

There are Suburbans available this time of year so no need to book ahead. The price is the same per person when there are 4 but definitely more comfortable.

scarlett6
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Please help

Post by scarlett6 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:47 pm

We are having some difficulty in figuring out what arrangements to make. This is our first trip to PV. We will probably be arriving on Tuesday, 7/22, with no advance notice of arriving flight until the last minute, and with no connection to the Internet.

I saw the taxi site posted in another thread, but this seems to be for reservations made in advance which we cannot do. I am unable to tell from the site if this service is available to people who just show up on arrival at the airport. Additionally, it says they cannot do round trips back to the airport upon departure. What does one do then for transportation for the return?

We would like very much to avoid the time share hassle upon arrival, but not having a very good idea of airport layout, and not having been there before, coupled with no knowledge of the language, leaves us pretty much as sitting ducks, I think.

The other question I have is, are the posted rates on the other taxi thread inclusive of tax or is there tax on taxis?

If someone who has been there could please give us a hand with this, we would really appreciate it.

Also, I know this is not the exchange rate thread, but if possible, how does an incoming party get their money changed prior to having to pay a taxi driver?

Thanks,
scarlett

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:27 am

after you pass thru customs and the time share sharks you will see a taxi kiosk. you can arrange a taxi there or outside at the taxi stand. many hombres will offer you taxis. you can exchange money at the airport and i've never had trouble using dollars to pay the fare. you can take a city taxi back at the end of your trip. they are everywhere. ask your hotel what the rate should be back to the airport and make sure to agree to the fare when you get in the taxi.