Reserve your taxis w. PuertoVallarta.net

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:48 pm

OK, now it makes sense, though I can't imagine not purchasing things online anymore, I've gotten too used to it.

Greetings

Mogens

tojol57

I don't know

Post by tojol57 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Well Joyce, if you don't go on line to buy things, then by all means don't do it here. I guess Lorrie and I have become so accustomed to buying on line, our airling tickets, motel reservations, clothes, puppy toys, treats, outfits, etc... wine, bike supplies, furniture, etc... we have done it all and now we have done the taxi thing thru PV.net.... i guess working the system so much especially in our business with credit purchases for parts and labor here at my office i am a little removed from the common things... it is just so natural for me to run a cc thru the sytem, online or not... to each their own....

Mogens, got my confirmation and my ticket for the taxi on the 22nd... thank everybody at pronico for their help and assistance....

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:58 pm

Glad everything has gone fine. At what time do you arrive?

Mogens

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:55 pm

Hola Mogens! We arrive PVR at 11:15 am on Sat. Nov. 22nd on Sun Country Airlines Flight # 531 out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. We can't wait as it has been snowing here all day and is cold and windy. Yuck!!

2 weeks until paradise!!! :D

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:38 am

You'll have lots of fun. Don't forget to bring along the local office number: 223-4267 just in case of any issues, por si las moscas, they say around here.

Greetings

Mogens

rgamble
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

taxi for airport to hotel

Post by rgamble » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:19 am

We are looking to see about taxi service from airport to Buenaventura Grand Hotel & Spa and also need to find out about money and etc. Thanks.
Rhonda

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Taxi service

Post by lojol60 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:21 pm

Tom and I just got back from PVR last night. We booked the transportation for my sister and her family through this website and it was great!! We were all very impressed. As soon as we came through customs, there was a sign with our name on it, they gave it to us, called their office in the terminal, got our luggage, went through the green light red light and through the shark tank and the porter got them to their air-conditioned van and was at the CPC in no time. It was great! Tom and I are going back in March and plan to book our transportation with them.

michael
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Taxi Service

Post by michael » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:00 am

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Regular taxi (27) and a Vip taxi (40) besides the price difference? Not sure it could be worth the extra $13.00 for a cab ride to the North zone for 2 people. :? :?

Thanks, Michael

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Taxi

Post by GreatOwl » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Just learning this forum... How far in advance is required to reserve a taxi? Our trip this next year will not be until 2/28. Hope they are a little more efficient in baggage handling at the airport this time.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:49 pm

we made our reservations just a week to 10 days before our arrival i think. The cost for my sister in law, her husband, two kids (11-9) was $30 usd for a van or suburban... i think the extra for this convenience was well worth it, they could travel together and not two taxies (which would have been more than the suburban)... and as my wife stated i think we will do it for ourselves this time to be whisked away nice and sweet...

granted this service isn't for everybody, but if you want to be hassle free, then i would book the taxi with VIPS and keep on keepin on...

and the baggage area is still the same as always even with the new expansion of the airport, so it will be crowded and conjested when you get in especially on a saturday in the early afternoon.... YIKES...

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:03 am

Posted a new topic under transportation asking if we should take the shuttle to the San Marino or a taxi. We are 4 women so splitting a taxi/van is no big deal and I wonder if we would get to our hotel faster? We get in at something like 12:45 am so we would want to be at our hotel asap so we still have time for a night cap!

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:08 pm

I just booked a Suburban Van for our March 26th arrival - it was $30 to the Canto which I don't think is too bad.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:11 pm

Thats cheap. Did you book it through this forum? So you are thinking the same thing of skipping the shuttle service. Do you do the same thing to go back to the airport? I just want to get to our resort ASAP and when I have to go home I want to stay at my hotel as long as I can! LOL...

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:15 pm

chrisnick wrote:Thats cheap. Did you book it through this forum? So you are thinking the same thing of skipping the shuttle service. Do you do the same thing to go back to the airport? I just want to get to our resort ASAP and when I have to go home I want to stay at my hotel as long as I can! LOL...
We don't get a shuttle service - we book everything individually. We are flying Westjet but booked the hotel through Sunwing. :)

To get back to the airport, I think we'll either take two taxi's or see if there is a van outside.

When are you guys there?

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:26 pm

We are at the San Marino from the 20t very late till the 28th...also very late! How about you?

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:32 pm

We're in PV from March 26-April 2 :)

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Won't be seeing you then...Thanks for the info anyway! We were going to book seperately but got the San Marino (all in) for 1155.00 and that included an upgrade to Elite Plus seats so we couldn't pass that up!

coopertillman
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by coopertillman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:14 pm

We are coming in 2 weeks and I came upon this blog. I do not remember, but how much is it to take a suburban from airport to hotel zone if you just grab it upon arrival? (versus prebooking online) This prebooking fare seems to be awfully cheap, $30 USD or about $400 pesos, but hey I dont remember what we paid in 2006/2007.

Can anyone provide updated fares on walkup/arrival.

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:44 pm

I didn't think the prices for booking online and walk-up were different..I just didn't want to get there and have to hunt for a van.

coopertillman
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by coopertillman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:14 pm

In all the years we have gone I have never experienced a shortage of suburbans at the airport. If my group is small enough we either wait for a bus outside airport or walk across to other side of highway (was tedious at times until they built the overpass) to catch yellow taxi, subami. This time we have a larger group so will need suburban.

If there is no difference in price I will wait till I get there.