Reserve your taxis w. PuertoVallarta.net

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:58 pm

Final amount that went through on my credit card was $39.26 CDN - looks like it was 420 pesos.. Damn Canadian dollar

coopertillman
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by coopertillman » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:08 pm

This makes the conversion rate of 10.7 (420 pesos for $39.26). Not sure if this is a good rate if others have said FX rate is 13 or better (on another blog on this site).

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:27 pm

an exchange of 13 would be for US and not CDN. When we were down in Dec we were getting about 10-10.10 so 10.7 is a good rate.

travelbug_jp
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Post by travelbug_jp » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:47 am

I just got back from the airport to send my friend back to Manitoba. It was after midnight and so I had to take a cab back downtown. I walked over the bridge and got a cab for 120 pesos. I think thats a pretty good price.

Joyce

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Well, I have placed an order for a taxi for our upcoming trip. It can't be any worse than the last 3-4 times down. Last time we walked well out of the airport locale and picked up a cab on the street. It still ran $ 20.00. This year my wife broke her foot a while back and is recovering nicely, but many places are not the greatest to be walking on.

Hopefully, we will not get snowed in on our original travel date and all will go well. I do wish the baggage area were better organized. We got through customs fine, but it took them 45 minutes to an hour to unload the baggage from our plane. Then they were only using one carousel to load all the bags from all the flights. Quite a mix up and crowd.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:56 pm

Booked by suburban as well. There are 4 of us women and I was in Montego Bay airport last week and ended up sitting on the shuttle bus for an hour!

Since we are at the San Marino I figure we will get to our hotel faster by taking the taxi and split 4 ways it isn't so bad.

Does the driver have a sign or something so you know they are for you? There is probably info on that here somewhere.....

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:05 pm

After you get your luggage you pass through the crush of timeshare hawkers. I have never done this before, but I have noticed many people with signs stand just to the right behind a roped off area. This may be the place. There will be plenty of other individuals approaching you trying to grab your bags to take to cabs. It is a bit confusing. I am not sure if that has changed any since last year.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:08 pm

I did go through the shark tank last year but then we took the shuttle bus.

I figure this private taxi might be a nice way to start of the "chick" holiday!

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Well Just keep that snow and ice up in your area and out of Northern WI and Minneapolis until March 1st, please. I do not like sitting in airports or on tarmacs.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:20 pm

It was like a skating rink here the last two days!! Our driveway is quite slanted and when my husband went out to his truck he slid right past the door! I am being very careful and wearing Trax as the memory of my broken ankle from two years ago lingers on....Do NOT want to miss another mexican holiday!

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:32 pm

We used this service (suburban) for my sister and her family in November and it was great! As soon as we went through Customs, there was a sign right there with our name on it. We went to them and they called the office in the main airport while we got our luggage and then they were standing there waiting for us past the time sharks. It was great! We plan to do the same thing in March!! Well worth it and it helps support this board and website. :D

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:39 pm

lojol60 wrote:We used this service (suburban) for my sister and her family in November and it was great! As soon as we went through Customs, there was a sign right there with our name on it. We went to them and they called the office in the main airport while we got our luggage and then they were standing there waiting for us past the time sharks. It was great! We plan to do the same thing in March!! Well worth it and it helps support this board and website. :D
Customs or Immigration? I thought I saw someone holding a sign by where you pick up the luggage which is right before customs.

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:50 pm

It is right after you give them your forms and show them your passport. They had a little booth with one big sign that had everyone's name listed on it and then they pulled our name tag off of it. It was great and my sister and her family were so impressed and happy!! :D

tandr2
PV Master
PV Master

Post by tandr2 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:52 pm

Yes, that's immigration - that's where I figured we'd have to go. :)

Thanks!

northmb
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by northmb » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:19 am

Hi Chris! How much was it for the suburban? We are three this year and are staying just past you guys by the Tropicana. I'm thinking that booking ahead might be the way to go.

Thanks!

Sherry

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:47 pm

$45.00 but that was because we are 4. I thought there was a cheaper rate for up to 3 people...Like I said I spent an hour on a shuttle bus in Jamaica a couple of weeks ago! At 1 in the morning I want to get to the hotel because we plan on going out for a drink as soon as we get there!!

Woohoo!

When are you arriving again??? After us right?

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:47 pm

Duhhh.....guess I could have just looked at your ticker! We will have to exchange pics so we can recognize each other on the beach! We were going to book the Tropicana....

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:43 pm

The rate for the Suburban we rented for 4 to the Crown Paradise Club was $30.00. Two small taxis are $17.00 each so that was a no brainer without a doubt!!! Enjoy!!!

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:43 pm

Well, hopefully today will be the day when I can get confirmation on the taxi. They don't seem to be able to file my credit card properly. I have already given them two credit cards to use and still they can't process the reservation. I have checked with my bank and it has something to do with the way they are entering my address. I believe it may be an alphanumeric glitch.

Been working on this now for several days.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:09 pm

I got my confirmation yesterday. One week from today!!