Reserve your taxis w. PuertoVallarta.net

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:49 pm

Awesome service again, zero issues...very nice people and driver.

We will use the service again on future trips.

Bo

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:01 pm

Just sent in reservation for our trip at the end of January. This is the second time I have used this service. Any problems with it the last time were on my end. This time I called my credit card company prior to making the reservation. Previously, they held payment because of it being out of country. It caused a slight delay and I needed to make a couple of calls. Hopefully, I have smoothed the process this year.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Great Owl, have you heard back from them yet confirming your reservation? I reserved a suburban taxi the same day you did and haven't rec'vd any confirmation as of today. I called my CC company before I did it so I know that's not a problem. I have a while before we go but I just like everything organized and taken care of.

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:37 pm

sjl330 wrote:Great Owl, have you heard back from them yet confirming your reservation? I reserved a suburban taxi the same day you did and haven't rec'vd any confirmation as of today. I called my CC company before I did it so I know that's not a problem. I have a while before we go but I just like everything organized and taken care of.
Yes, I did the online reservation at about 10:00 AM. I received an acknowledgement that they had received the request within an hour. I received my reservation certification via e-mail just before 5 PM the same day.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:08 am

Hmmmm, I better contact them again. Thanks.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:45 am

Well, I'm sure glad I called them again. They didn't have my reservation so I resent it. My credit card company declined it, even after I called them beforehand! 3 more calls to the CC company and as many or more calls to the taxi company along with several emails and I "think/hope" it's all straightened out. I was one decline away from just forgetting the whole thing and just grabbing a regular taxi at the airport. I hope the rest of arrangement goes smoothly. All I've heard is good stuff about this taxi service so I'm keeping my hopes high that all will go as planned.

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:50 am

I hope you did get it straightened out. I know the frustration of dealing with the CC companies. Incidentally, this year when I called American Express they stated that their policy had changed. They no longer require prior notification for use of a card out of the USA. I am not sure if that is good or bad. :? I do use Amex as a back up card to my card through the credit union. I called my other VISA, but doubt I will even take it along.

Yes, the taxi arrangements through here have been excellent and I do not anticipate it to be any different when we arrive on Friday..... I am so looking forward to getting out of all these clouds, snow and cold. I just wish they would kick the air conditioning in during the wait in immigration. Last year it took almost an hour standing in line to get through.

SmileEh
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by SmileEh » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:27 pm

I'm looking at booking thru this site... so if it states 15.50 from the airport to my hotel... what do you think the final cost will be charged to my Canadian Visa card??... is there taxes, convertion charges, etc...

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just exchange rates

Post by webmaster » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:01 pm

Just the exchange rate which depends on the day you submit the reservation. If you have any doubts use the 1888 number to inquire with the reservation team.

Greetings

Mogens

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Arrived back home again for another year of snow and cold. We have booked our weeks for 2011 already. The taxi process is still working as smoothly possible. Great Service!!!!!

junebug11
PV Fan
PV Fan

taxi at the airport in PV

Post by junebug11 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:05 pm

travelbug_jp wrote:
mgallard wrote:No need to reserve then. :lol:

Greetings

Mogens
Yes I know, but I thought I would support this board and book my transportation here. Giving out my security code # on my credit card is past my comfort zone though. I'll just get a cab at the airport like I usually do.

Joyce

Hi Joyce

So, I take it you got your taxi once you disembarked at PV airport. Was it simple and safe? Thanks..jan

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:19 pm

There are four ticket booths selling fares to various destinations at the airport. The rates are posted. Just remember to tip an extra 10p per bag.

catlee
PV Fan
PV Fan

Update on this taxi reservation service

Post by catlee » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Hi, I've read the previous posts but have seen no new postings on this reservation service. Is it still providing the excellent service as reported in the past years? Good advice about alerting your credit card company in advance - much appreciated. Looking forward to our Feb. trip. Thanks, Cathy

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Just came back and used Superior tours as we were a group of 10 to Bucerias. Great service! Have reserved online before here and it works excellent. A little more then crossing the bridge but after several hours in an airport and in a plane I like the luxury of walking out, being handed a bottle of water and getting in a taxi waiting for me! Can't wait for the next trip in February!

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:34 pm

I still have always had good service. I booked our taxi online just last week. We arrive in just short of three weeks now. It took approximately 3 hours from my initial request to receive our final coupon for the taxi. We are looking forward to warmer weather.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:02 am

Hey Great Owl,
Did you still get good service this year? My daughter and her family are coming down in 2 weeks and they're wanting to book a suburban or van to take them to their condo. We used them last year and they were great but not hearing much about them this year.
Thx,
Sandy

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:52 am

Everything was very much the same as always. They have a desk right at the luggage claim with your name written on a large neon sign. You meet them after you get through the "shark tank" (timeshare vendors) and they take you to an office behind the crowd, give you some bottled water and you are in the cab.

CAUTION!!!!!! The timeshare people are extremely aggressive this year. They will even have signs advertising themselves as VIP transportation. I had one person try to grab my suitcase away from me to get me over to the timeshare counter. I had to actually yell at him to leave us alone...

In general the timeshare approaches elsewhere in PV seemed to be toned down. They were twice as aggressive in the airport as I have even seen.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:55 am

Thx. I passed on the info. And I've already warned them not to even "look" at anybody until they get thru the shark tank. They've all been there before so hopefully they'll remember the drill.

Have fun and enjoy the rest of your trip.

ianlin
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

My hotel is not listed on the reservation web form.

Post by ianlin » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:38 pm

How should I make the reservation?
BTW what is the name of this taxi company? Do they have their own website?

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:38 pm

There's a link in the very first post of this thread.