Reserve your taxis w. PuertoVallarta.net

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:32 pm

That can't be right.. No way it would that expensive

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 pm

I know right? Chris, would you go and get a quote and see what price you get? We're going from the airport to Old Town or Zona Romantica. On Feb. 4.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:52 pm

Same price I get.. Me thinks something is screwing up. No one would book it at that price.... M... Prices are coming up in US funds..

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:58 pm

If you book it as a shuttle it's $33. At these prices I'll take an airport taxi or walk across the street.

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:46 pm

Me too!! And thanks for checking so I know it wasn't just me. I've got 25 more days so I'll keep checking it off and on and see if it changes. If not, the taxis are fine with us.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shuttle. vs Private vs. Taxi

Post by webmaster » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:29 pm

Good that the info is appearing in USD.

I can imagine it'll be more expensive if you book a private van, the price accommodates up to 8 people, so then it becomes reasonable, there's also the per person price shuttle which isn't that bad.

But, yes, for the normal traveler, the airport taxis will be good enough.

Greetings

M.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:49 pm

So you have to find some random people to share a van with?? Its still a fair bit more expensive then last year and then we took a private taxi.. Is this replacing shuttle buses? Just curious.. I never took those because you had to wait too long for them to load the bus! I was at San Marino one year, unpacked and on my second bevvie when people from our flight arrived by shuttle wondering how we got there so quick! :lol:

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Taxi vs Shuttle

Post by webmaster » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:14 pm

We will not be offering taxis, was too much work and no real income.

These vans are obviously oriented towards $ tourists, those that'd prefer not to have to think things over too much. The taxi booths are still there in the airport for those that know what to do.

Greetings

Mogens

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Prices are in Mexican Pesos

Post by GreatOwl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:19 pm

webmaster wrote:Prices are in Mexican Pesos, just in case you didn't notice. I don't remember what the previous prices were with the airport taxis, I wasn't in charge of that section.

Greetings

M.
Ok, took me a bit but I got it. I guess that reflects the two brain surgeries I had this past year. I guess I am not as sharp as I used to be. :D

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:02 pm

getting a snow storm today. Glad we head out in 2 weeks....

catlee
PV Fan
PV Fan

Taxis

Post by catlee » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 am

Just got back from PV. Did the airport booth taxi recommendation, and it cost $25 USD to Zona Romantica. Quick and easy.
It drizzled rain two days while we were there which we had never experienced before on our Feb. trips, but we powered through it!

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:00 am

As promised here's an update on our taxi service. I made the reservation online at
-puertovallartatours.net. The charge was only $23 USD to Zona Romantica and they were right there to meet us and shuffle us right out to our waiting taxi. Excellent service!! We'll definitely use them again.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

New taxi service

Post by webmaster » Wed May 09, 2012 6:00 pm

We've added the taxi service again:

http://www.puertovallarta.net/taxis/index.php

Hope you like the new prices.

Greetings

M.

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:59 pm

Doesn't look like anyone has used this site recently. or at least this topic

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Actually...

Post by webmaster » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Actually the forum is quite quiet, that's true. Taxi service is fine though :-)

Greetings

M.

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:16 pm

we have been using the taxi service for several years except for last year when it was down for a while. Our big problem this year will come in determining exactly what time we will arrive on Feb. 21. We have made arrangements based upon our current itinery, but give the weather and the fact that we only have 20 minutes to make the transfer in Chicago may mean that the flight and time of arrival may be different than what we made in our reservations for the taxi. I am not real sure how to contact the service if we are placed on a different and later flight. It might even mean it will be the next day. Travel from Northern WI to PVR is not a given nor is it easy.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:53 am

GreatOwl,
With that kind of itinerary and timeframe, I think I would just go with an airport taxi, you don't have to try to contact them if you have flight changes. :)

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:22 am

Actually to the credit of the company, they have given me an e-mail address to keep them up dated. I had already ordered and paid for the service. I have used them for several years and they are dependable. The worst case scenerio we will face is to just get ourselves to their airport office that we have been to before. I have their e-mail verifying payment.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:42 am

Sounds like great customer service and that you won 't have any problems.

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:30 pm

Actually, I will reserve my opinion on customer service until I arrive and see what happens. This does not seem to be the same company that was once used. The rate they are charging is $10.00 more than what the hotel is offerring to pick us up for using VIP taxi service. I was not aware that the company had changed at all. So we shall wait and see.

The taxi service from this site is no longer VIP. I am not sure what the name of the company is because they really have not given me a name.