To Book On-line or Not - Taxi

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Nany
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
To Book On-line or Not - Taxi

Post by Nany » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:40 pm

As a first-timer to PV... I would like to know what is the most economical way to get from the airport to a Villa in Conchas Chinas. Should a person book this on-line or get the transportation on-site at the airport? Is a taxi the way to go? I am coming alone and at a different time than friends -so- there will only be one (1) person needing transportation. How much should this cost? How does on-line booking work? Please help?

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Transportation

Post by Jennybean » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:26 pm

The most economical way isn't always the most practical way, as the most economical is the bus and to get to Conchas Chinas would require two of them plus a good hike...so unless you plan on taking very small luggage or only a backpack, probably not the way you want to go.

I recommend an airport taxi. Fastest way out, no hassle or fuss. Been doing it that way for 10 years.

I just need to say - I'm pretty much a budget traveler, but at the beginning of the trip and just trying to get to your locale is not where I would be looking to save a buck. You really just want to start your holiday and not be hassled so in my opinion, budget for the airport taxi up front and then you don't need to worry about it. If I can do it, anyone can. :wink:

(btw, to Conchas Chinas from the airport is about 225 pesos give or take)