Possible to get to Marietas Islands from Sheraton???

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

sunflower97
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Possible to get to Marietas Islands from Sheraton???

Post by sunflower97 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:03 pm

Hi All!!

I'm happy to say that we are returning to PV SOON!!!!!! Last time we went on a tour to Yelapa but this time we're thinking of being more adventurous and running on our own schedule would be nice :lol:

With that said, a few questions....

1) Is it possible to catch a bus from the Sheraton to Marietas Islands? I've heard beautiful things about it and would love to go see it in person.

2) If we go back to Yelapa on our own, where do we go take the water taxis from? How much should I except to pay per person?

3) Also, just as a refresh... can I go to any taxi once I arrive and ask them if they are ok with 162 pesos? I did my research and that's what the going rate seems to be from the airport to the Sheraton.

ANY information would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

PS. is Ocho Tostadas still around? i loved that place!

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Re: Possible to get to Marietas Islands from Sheraton???

Post by kcowan » Fri May 23, 2008 11:10 am

sunflower97 wrote:Hi All!!

I'm happy to say that we are returning to PV SOON!!!!!! Last time we went on a tour to Yelapa but this time we're thinking of being more adventurous and running on our own schedule would be nice :lol:

With that said, a few questions....

1) Is it possible to catch a bus from the Sheraton to Marietas Islands? I've heard beautiful things about it and would love to go see it in person.

Take a Marina bus to connect with the tour operator

2) If we go back to Yelapa on our own, where do we go take the water taxis from? How much should I except to pay per person?

The water taxi from the main pier is $18.

3) Also, just as a refresh... can I go to any taxi once I arrive and ask them if they are ok with 162 pesos? I did my research and that's what the going rate seems to be from the airport to the Sheraton.

Buy your ticket at the booth by the east doors. The price is fixed. I think it will be 200p plus 10p tip per bag. You might get a discount by mentioning QuePasa.

ANY information would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

PS. is Ocho Tostadas still around? i loved that place!

sunflower97
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by sunflower97 » Sat May 24, 2008 4:53 am

thank you!!!!! seems like the best way to get to the islands is by a tour operator... =)