Help to Correct Border Crossing Mistake

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

CoffeeQueen
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Help to Correct Border Crossing Mistake

Post by CoffeeQueen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:25 pm

I know that border crossings, car permits, regulations, etc of any kind have been addressed on this site many times. So my apologies up front for this repetitive topic. After reading many posts on this issue I still don't know how to proceed. (I have been trying to save myself embarrassment for 3 months, but here goes...)

Drove our vehicle over the border in Dec. 07. (our first vehicle crossing)
Our load consisted of: a Truck (husband's name), enclosed utility trailer (my name), two ATVs, and various household stuffs.

My husband unexpectantly had to return to the U.S. by plane. I then drove the truck, trailer, and ONE ATV back to the U.S. ( you can see my dilema already )
When I got to the border I asked for the 'release' of the vehicle permit. Of course it wasn't done because my dumb-a$$ didn't read the fine print and left ONE ATV back at our house on the Costa Alegre. It was broken down and needed to be repaired when I returned in a month. But it stays at our house.

Any good advice on how to cross the border with a different vehicle (my name), the same utility trailer(my name), & one ATV? All of the usually posted info aside, how can I get my husband's truck permit 'released'? And have a good border crossing. Or am I going to get turned away? I don't know how much it matters but I have my FM3 (rentista).

It sounds like the only way I can get the 'release' of the truck is to have ALL FOUR items at the border AT THE SAME TIME AGAIN. Which isn't very likely. Is this correct? Is there anything I can do? :shock:
Sincere thanks in advance.