Buses to Zihuatanejo

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

gunner79
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Buses to Zihuatanejo

Post by gunner79 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:13 am

Does anyone have any experience or advice on traveling from PV via primera bus to Zihuantanejo? I would appreciate you comments/advice.
Thanks

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Buses to Zihuatanejo

Post by PV Patty » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:29 pm

gosh I have been looking to see if anybody has answered you.. cause I would like to know too! How much is it? are there highway pirates? (maybe I watch to many movies) How long does it take to get there?
hopefully soon... hang in there..

patty

gunner79
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Buses to Zihuatanejo

Post by gunner79 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi Patty
No news as of yet. However on some other websites it appears it's best if you just go to the bus station, like the day before, and buy your ticket. While "banditos" are a possibility I guess, don't think it happens as much any more. I still don't plan to carry much money however.
When are you going down to PV??.....and to Zihua??
Take care
Stan

PV Patty
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Buses to Zihuatanejo

Post by PV Patty » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:51 pm

Hey there Stan :)

I wanted to go on my last trip to P.V. but no one wanted to go with me.. so didn't go. My next trip isn't until Apr. 15th to May 15th. So so far away.... but have my ticket already and a place rented. Just have to get through another dark and sad Vancouver winter. (only 3 more to go- then in p.v. for good!)

Patty

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:48 pm

I tried to get information on a ticket from Vallarta to Zihua last year and was told that there were no direct buses and I would have to take a bus to Guadalajara and then buy a ticket for Zihua from there.
Last edited by ellen on Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

gunner79
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by gunner79 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi Ellen
Thanks very much for that info. and that might still be the case. I saw a picture of a bus rate board from PV that showed Zihua as a destination with a price, but could very well still require a transfer. None of the bus websites I found offered a direct either so was expecting a change somewhere - will just have to wait until we get there I guess.
We're going down in mid Jan.
Stan