What Should a Taxi Cost?

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Donna Kawakubo
PV Fan
PV Fan
What Should a Taxi Cost?

Post by Donna Kawakubo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:21 am

So on the heels of all the discussion of taxi fares/scams, I have a question. I will probably spend a whole lot of time in taxis on my upcoming trip. My daughter uses a wheelchair, and I walk with a cane; stairs are very painful for me to use and impossible for her. We are staying in El Centro and almost everything we want to do is in El Centro, the Romantic Zone, or in the water. It sounds to me like we are in for a whole lot of taxi rides.

So, thanks to several of you folks, now I know to get some dollar bills, or go exchange some dollars for smaller denomination pesos before the trip. I do appreciate the heads-up. But I would like to know, since it sounds like I really will have to negotiate at least some of the time--how much is reasonable to pay for a short taxi ride, say from around Casa Kimberly (our rental casa is next door) to the beach area by La Palapa, or down to the Malecon?

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:16 pm

I don't have a taxi rate in front of me, but it will be at least 40 pesos I believe. It may be more going to La Palapa. Perhaps someone who is there now can give you a more accurate amount.

Donna Kawakubo
PV Fan
PV Fan

Thanks

Post by Donna Kawakubo » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:18 pm

So it sounds like maybe between four and six bucks for most places in El Centro or the Romantic Zone? That doesn't sound so bad. These guys have to buy gasoline and have something left to live off of, after all. Our landlord is providing the airport ride, so that part is covered. I just don't want to be gullible, that's all.