water taxi from los muertos pier to mismaloya?

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

rcracing
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
water taxi from los muertos pier to mismaloya?

Post by rcracing » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:50 am

any ideas on if you can take a panga from the pier to mismaloya and if so, about how much $ are we looking at? only 4 more sleeps :D

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:48 pm

For $18 you can take the water taxi from the pier to the dock in Paradise Village. I think the pangas hang out at the south end. We took one from Boca to Yelapa and Las Animas then took a return ride up to Los Tules.

pat
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by pat » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:49 am

Keith, the water taxi took you to Los Tules? I didn't know they would do that. That is very cool!

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:50 pm

No that was the Boca panga that returned us. Most will do anything if the price is right. We went through Los Arcos and also saw some whales on the way.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:44 am

Keith,
You are talking about last year correct? Prices may have changed since last year most of the boats have increased their prices due to the increase in the cost of gas and oil. There are no whales in the bay yet so it has to be last year.

There is a water taxi that takes peoople directly to their resort. I saw them do it a few days ago and it was not a private panga. However, I do believe it is illegal for them to do so. The water taxis have a different permit than the private pangas do and they are only allowed to operate from point A to point B, whereas the pangas are able to off load and pick up passengers anywhere they can safely get ashore to do it. And please tell me you meant that you went past Los Arcos and not "through it". It is illegal to go through the caves at Los Arcos. They made it illegal when several people drowned when a boat ran out of gas and was smashed against the rocks inside the cave. They did not know how to swim and the boat had no life vests on board.

Not to take anything away from the pangas that operate from Mismoloya and Boca but "alot" of them do so illegally (without permits and thus without inspection). Keith's comment that most will do anything if the price is right, those are the boats that have nothing to lose because they have no permit to be taken away for doing stupid, unsafe, illegal stuff.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:38 am

I agree Kate. Yet I have the feeling that you are on your own with most activities in PV. Don't rely on the government to help you out.

As for following rules, have you anyone that does that?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:08 am

As for following rules, have you anyone that does that?
Keith,
Obviously you do not know alot about owning a boat in PV. The hoops you have to jump through to get permits issued, inspections that have to be passed, being stopped on the bay by the navy at any given time for any reason they deem fit, hacienda to be paid, reporting every time a boat leaves the harbor. I can honestly say....Yes, I know alot of people that follow the rules or they lose their permits and thus lose their ability to make any money.

I am fully aware of the mordida that is paid in Mexico but that does not mean that every one does it. The majority of boat owners that take tourists out of PV are in compliance. The ones that are down south and do not have to report in order to get out of the harbor....well that is whole other story.