daytime distance walking

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mntngoat
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
daytime distance walking

Post by mntngoat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:55 am

Everywhere is walking distance if one has the time.......

Hi! I would like to know if there are paths, sidewalks along the shore to walk from Nuevo Vallarta (Samba Vallarta Resort) to the old part of town and how many miles it is. Is it possible to walk it all along the beach/shore? On the map it looks like there is a waterway to be crossed at some point near town. Is there a bridge? Google earth doesn't let me zoom in close enough to identify.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:27 am

From Nuevo to old town Puerto Vallarta....way too far to walk and I am not sure why you would want to. Most of the walk would be along major roads with alot of traffic. Its not a senic route to walk along. A better walk would be along the beaches in Nuevo/Bucerias area or take a bus or taxi to the south side of PV and walk along the beach down to the area of Lindo Mar, they have a great lunch and happy hour. You can also walk from Boca de Tomatlan down to Las Animas, but there is an area along there with dogs, that really like to bark at you like they don't want you there. :shock: :lol:

mntngoat
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Thanks

Post by mntngoat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:36 am

Thanks for the info. I was just wondering about walking places. I am used to walking a lot every day...10 14 miles.....no big deal to me, but not sure I like to do that along a major hwy. I'll look into the places you have mentioned. Thanks again.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:51 pm

In addition to the walk up past Bucerias (very nice), it is very safe to walk the streets of NV itself. Away from the beach you can find residential streets that are very nice.

mntngoat
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Thank you!

Post by mntngoat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Thanks for the info. Is past Bucerias north of Nuevo Vallarta? I just happen to be a pedestrian, I like to walk places and see things that way.

Since you repied to my posting, tell me please...., how is the coffee down there? I am used to having my strong italian espresso. Sort of expect Mexico to have strong latin coffee. Any good coffee shop in NV that opens really early in the morning before breakfast is served in the hotels? I get up b4 the palenque to go running....What can you tell me?

benito
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by benito » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:14 pm

keith is right, the beach in bucerias is very nice to walk on. good restaurants on the beach, fun town to walk around, check out the flea market, etc...

mntngoat
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Flea market?

Post by mntngoat » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:28 am

When is it?

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:54 pm

I would bring your own coffee and brew it before you leave your room. There is plenty of choice of good coffee but why take a chance?