Bus Service to Sayulita

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pkrfc
PV Fan
PV Fan
Bus Service to Sayulita

Post by pkrfc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Does anyone know all of the ins and outs of getting to Sayulita from the hotel district, close to the mall. Any help would be appreciated.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:20 pm

From the hotel district take the bus or walk north to Wal-mart. Go to the far busstop and wait for a bus that has Sayulita on the screen.

pkrfc
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by pkrfc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Is the cost still $2.00 ? And does it still start early in the morning.
Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated.

Duluthian
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Duluthian » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:00 pm

Every time I see this question asked the replies are very general, go to the Wal Mart and look for the Sayulita Bus. It sounds too easy!

Is there only one stop in Sayulita? If not which is the best if you want to go down the the beach?

We're going to give this a shot during the week of 2/14 to 2/21, but I'm not sure which day.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:41 pm

Duluthian wrote:Every time I see this question asked the replies are very general, go to the Wal Mart and look for the Sayulita Bus. It sounds too easy!

Is there only one stop in Sayulita? If not which is the best if you want to go down the the beach?

We're going to give this a shot during the week of 2/14 to 2/21, but I'm not sure which day.
Yes, unless something has changed since I was there last, there is only 1 stop in Sayulita. It's just a small town. The bus turns off the highway, goes into town and stops near a bridge. You walk from there down to the ocean. When you're ready to go back you walk back to the place the bus let you off and wait for another one going back to Vallarta. It is just that easy.

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:14 pm

If my memory serves me correctly from last Feb., they drop off and pick up by a ball diamond and then you follow the signs to "la playa" (beach). Enjoy! We are going back in March.

TNbear
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by TNbear » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:24 pm

We took the bus from Bucerias to Sayulita in October. There is indeed only the one stop near the bridge. Sayulita is a pretty cool little town. It seems to lean toward the yuppie side, but we enjoyed our visit.

We had lunch at El Capitan's (I know rhe word Capitan was in the name anyway), the food was good and the Pacificos were cold. A very nice view of the surfers and of the really nice looking houses on the headland.

spartacus_33
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by spartacus_33 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:01 pm

Anyone know the times when the bus leaves from WalMart and the times when you can catch the bus back from Sayulita?

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:43 pm

spartacus_33 wrote:Anyone know the times when the bus leaves from WalMart and the times when you can catch the bus back from Sayulita?
The buses leave about every 3 minutes from Wal-Mart. I don't know for sure what time the last bus leaves Sayulita but generally from Bucerias it's considered to be 9 PM, so saying 8-ish from Sayulita should put you on the safe side.

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

3 Minutes?

Post by pdxbuff » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:04 am

Probably 30 minutes, right?

mexico-mvt
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by mexico-mvt » Tue May 05, 2009 9:38 am

TNbear wrote:We took the bus from Bucerias to Sayulita in October. There is indeed only the one stop near the bridge. Sayulita is a pretty cool little town. It seems to lean toward the yuppie side, but we enjoyed our visit.

We had lunch at El Capitan's (I know rhe word Capitan was in the name anyway), the food was good and the Pacificos were cold. A very nice view of the surfers and of the really nice looking houses on the headland.
This seems to be a good place to bring my 16 year old son. If it's a small town are there any activities during the night?