Airport to Playa del Sol Costa Sur (Costa Vida Vallarta)

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

ldeorhcs
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Airport to Playa del Sol Costa Sur (Costa Vida Vallarta)

Post by ldeorhcs » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Has anyone been to this hotel? What can you tell me about it?
I will be a first time visitor to PV in March. What is the best transportation
to take from the airport to this hotel? What can I expect to pay?
Are there any grocery stores nearby? Thanks so much for any and all your responses.

MontanaKimmie
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by MontanaKimmie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:46 am

We stayed there last year and will again this year. It is an older timeshare resort, but we like it very much. It is south of old town right on the beach. Kind of a middle age to older crowd mostly, so not noisy at night. It has 2 swimming pools, a workout room, 2 restaurants & 2 bars. It does have a grocery store on the property, but very expensive. Old town has grocery stores for anything you need. I would take a taxi from the airport, approx. $26.00. There are always 2 taxi's there if you need, but the bus stops right across the street about every 15 minutes during their normal hours for about 6 peso's. It's always an adventure to ride the bus in PV!! :lol: I hope you have a great time in PV.

glacierroasters
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by glacierroasters » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:25 pm

I'm an owner there.

It is arguably the best service in the area in my opinion. Most of the staff (Bar/Restaraunt, etc) have been there 10-25 years. It is an older property, the rooms are very clean...the views are the best.

It is so quiet, you are making me homesick thinking about it.

I pull in and they all say "Welcome home Amigo!" they treat you like family. It is a 5 minute cab ride ($5) anywhere you need to go into the city.

As Far as getting there from the airport:

I would take a car service for $25- $30 and they will stop for a fee at the store of your choice(s) while you get groceries.

Negotiate it before you leave home via the phone or e-mail - we ahve used the service several times.

PM me for more info if interested.