TAXI

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pvmike
PV Fan
PV Fan
TAXI

Post by pvmike » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Could someone share with me again the name and phone number for a private taxi service

PVMIKE

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:59 am

Mike,
Taxi service is available through this website. Many people have posted they were very pleased with the service.

The taxi service from London could end up being a very long and interesting drive. :D

lojol60
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by lojol60 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:11 pm

Mike: We have booked our transportation through this website the last two times and have been very happy with it and plan to use it again in Nov. and March!! I think you will be very happy with it!! :D

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:43 pm

We have taken taxi's offered by the "Shark Tank." Fought our way out the front door and taken several. We have even walked out of the airport property and flagged a taxi.

NEVER AGAIN! This last time down we used the taxi service from this site and 15 minutes after we picked up our luggage we were at the Sheraton.

GREAT SERVICE!!!!!!

Bryanne911
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Bryanne911 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:29 am

We stay at the Sheraton too and normally take a taxi from over the "bridge". On our next trip there will be 4 of us so we will need 2 taxis. Great Owl, how much is it to the Sheraton taking a taxi service?

GreatOwl
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by GreatOwl » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:50 am

Bryanne911 wrote:We stay at the Sheraton too and normally take a taxi from over the "bridge". On our next trip there will be 4 of us so we will need 2 taxis. Great Owl, how much is it to the Sheraton taking a taxi service?
I believe the Sheraton is still in zone 1A. The price listed for a cab is $15.50 right now excluding tips. That is about the best you will find. It might be worth looking into a suburban which is $30.00 I believe for 5 passengers. I guess it all depends upon the amount of luggage. I know a few years ago we had 4 of us in one taxi. Our adult children usually travel pretty light.

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:36 pm

OK I guess I'm missing something here, what is the problem with just grabbing a cab at the airport? I travel alone, travel light, speak a little Spanish and have perfected a pretty darned intimidating thousand-yard stare. No one is going to try sell me a timeshare ;)

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:44 pm

Nothing wrong at all with taking a taxi at the airport. You just walk through a set of glass doors from customs and end up in what is referred to as the "shark tank". The timeshare people are in that area and will try to stop you, ask you if you need a taxi, etc. Just say no gracias and continue on through the next set of double glass doors. When you go through that 2nd set of doors you just go to your right, and you will see the doors to the outside, the taxi's are all right there. Those taxis are operating in the airport federal zone and their fees are regulated so no bartering on the cost.

Some people just like to save a couple of dollars by walking outside and up and over the pedestrian bridge where the yellow taxi's sit. Some people like to have a taxi areserved and waiting for them. I think it is just a matter of personal choice. Anyway you do it, you have to walk through the shark tank, no getting around it. I don't find it that bad, I just say No Gracias or I say I don't do time share and I just keep on walking.

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:56 pm

Ok thanks, sounds a lot like walking through la plaza in TJ to get to town, only instead of timeshares they want to sell you hookers and cocaine :roll: Hence the thousand-yard stare 8)

Nikeone
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

TAXIs from Airport

Post by Nikeone » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Greetings all
We are travelling to Puerto Vallarta for the first time this Feb and are very excited. The place we are staying is providing taxi vouchers to and from the airport as part of our stay.

Has anyone else used this type of service before and would it possibly be as simple as finding a cab, providing the vouchers and off we go??
Thanks
Doug & Wanda