taxis over bridge

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mighty mouse
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
taxis over bridge

Post by mighty mouse » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:07 pm

How difficult is it to roll luggage across bridge to get normal taxi? Are they usually waiting there? average price for 2 people going to vista del sol? Also good place close to the bridge to have our first pina colada?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:16 am

I never find it worth the difference in price to haul all my luggage over the bridge in the hopes of getting a taxi driver that will give me a price that is worth more than a drink at the hotel.

It is much easier to get a taxi to your right as you exit the customs area into the main lobby. After you leave customs you will go through a set of glass doors just keep walking and DON'T stop or talk to anyone. They will offer you a taxi, ask you where you are staying, etc. They are all timeshare sales people so unless you want to get hooked into a timeshare presentation just ignore them and keep walking. When you exit the 2nd set of glass doors you will be in the airport lobby. If you go to your right there is a booth where you can purchase your taxi voucher. A taxi for two people should be 230 pesos (approx. $20 US), they charge by taxi not per person. You will be going to Zone 2 and the prices should be posted on the booth. Make sure you have some small bills if you are not taking pesos with you or exchanging at the airport.

There is a money exchange in the immigration area but they do not give a favorable rate. If you want to exchange at the airport, wait until you get out into the lobby and go to the exchange in the lobby. It is to your right like you are going to the departure area. Make a left at the departure area and it is on your left.

There is no place really close to the airport to get your first Pina Colada unless you want to sit in the airport at the lobby bar. I usually wait until I get to the hotel.