bus routes

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru
bus routes

Post by chi-mike » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:50 am

after 15 yrs and countless rides on buses,I'm still confused on which bus routes go here and which bus route goes there.where the bus stop are for each routes etc. etc. I have read the different websites and saw the pictures and everything but I think if someone published a book explaining how each route worked I think it would be a bestseller.I'm comfortable with the more popular routes but not so much the less traveled by tourists. On my last visit I heard about a restaurant at the corner of sta teresita and nayarit.( I think it was col. 1 de mayo)I'm staying on the southside.I wouldn't know where to start.I quite often ask a local for help but that doesn't always work.anybody have any suggestions?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:35 am

Chi-Mike,
I had a local take me there last year, LOL. Good Luck!!!!

2ndchance
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by 2ndchance » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:56 pm

I am the person that recommended ANGELICAS restaurant on Sta.Teresita and Nayarit and it is very easy to get there.First, i am surprised that no one mentioned to you that you can take most of the buses from downtown going north on Juarez St. downtown.I have only been to PV twice and i know that. The bus to go there is VERSALLES and it will leave you at the corner of the restaurant or you can take a cab for 50 pesos,at least that was the amount last June. I called Angelica today and due to the economy she is now opening only for lunch and dinner,but to be honest with you if you are staying in the southside Angelicas is quite far north.It is as far as the SHERATON hotel ,but to the east.We would go there daily since it is just around the corner from the condos we were staying in ,but i would still go there if i was staying further as i am very careful as to where i can eat and the food is delicious.We are counting the days to go back to PV in May,we will be staying at the same place for 6 weeks and going back to Angelicas. I agree with you on finding it hard to find your way around and it can be frusrtating ,but i look at it on the bright side,we have found a lot of other nice places while being lost. LOL
Have a great time !

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:46 pm

thanks for your response. it's too late this year but i'll keep your directions and try next year.I could take a cab,but there's no fun in that.last year I tried to take a bus to my favorite(but now closed) restaurant hacienda xochtil in col. agua azul. I was told to take the 04 bus to bugambilia. I did and wound up in paso ancho.I learned from that to ask the driver.I still say,if someone wrote a book explaining the bus routes they would make a bundle of pesos.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:11 am

I called Angelica today and due to the economy she is now opening only for lunch and dinner,
Sometimes..... :lol:

The taxi driver didn't know where it was either. :lol: But that's OK cuz she wasn't open. :P

Next time I will find her open, it is my mission!

chi-mike
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by chi-mike » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:15 pm

I took a taxi to cuetos on brasillia from the southside last year. I knew the way but the driver went the wrong way and before I knew it we were both lost.he eventually found it and only charged me 40 pesos. I give him a little extra for the tour.