Lines for Continental departures

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru
Lines for Continental departures

Post by oneistwo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:32 pm

Has anyone noticed whether - now that Continental and United have merged - they're sharing some of the check-in lanes at the airport? In the past, the lines for Continental on a Saturday got 2-3 hours long, snaking the length of the airport, while United might have a dozen or two people waiting. Lately we've been forced with a choice: arrive 4 or 5 hours before our flight so we only have to wait an hour on line then kill time inside, or arrive 3 hours before, cut it close, AND have to stand there. It's a miserable way to end an otherwise beautiful vacation.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:48 pm

I agree walking into the airport and seeing those lines is a lousy way to end your vacation. It is the hand checking of all the luggage that kills ya timewise.

Can't answer your question since they merged, when are you going? When you come back be sure to come back and let us know what it is like.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 pm

For this year, we decided to try to beat the crowds by taking an earlier flight. They usually announce boarding for same just as we're getting through, so we'll just get their an hour earlier than we have been. It's crazy though, with that many people flying their airline they can't rent another lane or two. Unless someone else reports sooner than March 27, I'll try to answer my own question.