travel from airport to friendly hola in july

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

jordanjordan
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
travel from airport to friendly hola in july

Post by jordanjordan » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:41 pm

hello! my girlfriend & i have booked a trip for mid july to visit PV. i'm wondering what the suggested best method of transport from the airport to our the friendly hola vallarta (http://www.friendlyholavallarta.com/home.php) is?

i've read about the puertovallarta.net taxi booking, as well as a hotel shuttle - my thought is that if the free shuttle (through nolitours) has other stops to make we may be waiting for a while to arrive, so perhaps a reserved taxi is best? or would we be able to just walk out the airport and flag a local taxi down for a similar price?

thanks, this forum is amazingly helpful so i'm excited to hear your replies!

jordan

Ann
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Ann » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:21 am

If you want to pay an arm, and a leg.... take a cab. Or, you could walk out of the airport, and pay 6 1/2 pesos and take the bus. The bus driver can tell you when Hola Vallarta is close or, you can simply watch on the right for the sign on the building. It's straight down the street from the airport.

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Taxis are plentiful, with the rates plainly posted as you leave the arrivals area and I have heard that booking one from this site is also an excellent choice.

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:12 pm

If you are taking a white taxi, you can buy coupons at one of the booths in the airport. The rates are posted. Don't stop until you see the booths on the outside walls of the airport building. They will know what zone to sell you from the hotel name.

For the bus, go out the east door and the stop is under the pedestrian bridge. Take any bus marked El Centro. Hola is north of the Fiesta Americana and south of Villa del Palmar.