from Romantic Zone to MARINA VALLARTA CENTER..help!!

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

hung8582
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
from Romantic Zone to MARINA VALLARTA CENTER..help!!

Post by hung8582 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:43 pm

So..i was wondering how much it'll cost to get from romantic zone to the MARINA VALLARTA CENTER? I got a quote from a taxi tour guy..he's telling me 110US dollars!!! i think thats a complete ripoff. theres 6 of us and I've been reading how cheap taxis are in PV. i really hope 110 is not the standard price..do you guys know anywhere else i can grab a cab ? Im staying at a condo, so there arent any front desk i can go to for a cab..

thanks in advance!!

cbeepa1
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by cbeepa1 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:13 pm

It costs 120 pesos for two of us to to travel from Zona Romantica to the airport. Suggest you get another quotation.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:10 pm

First you need to clarify what you mean by Marina Vallarta Center, are you talking about where you catch a tour boat or are you talking about the marina area with hotels and restaurants and private boat slips?

It should not cost you more than $12 US for either one. I just paid $8.00 US from the hotel zone to the southside/zona romantica. The typical taxi with hold 3, 4 if you want to pack in like sardines and have one person sitting in the front with the driver. If there are 6 of you you would need two taxis. Still no way is it $110 US. I think someone was confused over pesos and dollars. $110 pesos is roughly $11.00 if you use a 10 to 1 conversion for dollar to pesos.