Taxi fare - airport to Villa Premiere

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

albertahearts
PV Fan
PV Fan
Taxi fare - airport to Villa Premiere

Post by albertahearts » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:47 am

Any idea what to expect for taxi fare from the airport to the Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa? I've heard the rates can be nasty if not educated first. Any guidance would be most welcome.

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:08 am

All rates are per zone. There are zone maps on the taxi stands with the exact amount that you will be charged as they are federally regulated and do not vary per taxi company.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 am

Fare to the Premiere should be 195 pesos.

albertahearts
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by albertahearts » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:06 pm

Thank you for the information! We really appreciate all we can find out in advance.

michael n
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by michael n » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:41 pm

I know the airport taxi's charge by zone but do they charge more for two people than one or is it just by the zone

mikeypv
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by mikeypv » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:20 pm

No the fares are not per person, just the ride per zone.

aophoto
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by aophoto » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi there,

Just a thought, maybe you should try to go outside the airport property and get a regular taxi on the main road and make sure you agree to price before getting in.

Some one told me once that taxis in the airport are under union and that may be reason for higher price.

Normally I get a bus ride that is included in my package so I can only rely on what others tell me.

If I am mistaken I hope someone will correct me.

Thanks

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:40 am

The airport is a Federal zone, as is the Marina where the cruise ships dock, and the fares are regulated by the Federal Govt. Regular taxis are not allowed to pick up fares but they can drop you off when you are leaving, so you fare back will be less. Years ago it used to be worth going across the street to get a better fare but the taxi's across the street (while they charge by zone) do often raise the price knowing that once you are in front of them you have hauled your luggage up a steep ramp, across a bridge and down a steep ramp. Most people won't want to repeat that trip back to the airport. It is not worth maybe saving the cost of your first drink to go through all that hassle, at least not to me; not the way I want to start my vacation.

stefmit
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Tax fare - US dollars, or Mexican pesos?

Post by stefmit » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Is it advisable to have Mexican currency upon arrival, so that TAXI fare, and other small fees are paid in local currency, before arrival to hotel and access to local ATM?

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:54 am

There are ATM's at the airport but paying for the taxi's in USD is not a problem if you want to wait to get settled in before going to an ATM.