Puerto Vallarta Airport

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin
Puerto Vallarta Airport

Post by webmaster » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:59 pm

I updated the information on Puerto Vallarta's airport, I did most based on memory, please, those that travel internationally, review it and see if I haven't made any blatant mistakes, I'd very much appreciate it: http://www.puertovallarta.net/fast_fact ... t_info.php

Greetings

M.

tim25
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tim25 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:57 am

On that page you say that most of the flights come from Toronto... let's be real, people in the east go to Cuba or Cancun. It's a much longer flight from TO to Vallarta than it is from Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton to PV. If you're going to cater to Canadians, the west is where your target market is.

TIM

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe it's a mistake

Post by webmaster » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi there tim25,

That info's been there forever, it states that charter services come mainly from Toronto, at some time there may have been a big company bringing people down from the area, maybe that has changed.

Do you have any source for your opinion, I'd be glad to change the text, the idea is to inform correctly. I'll look into it myself now too.

Greetings

M.

tim25
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by tim25 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:23 pm

I only have personal experience to refer to. I have family in Toronto as well as family in Calgary... we've planned trips to PV together a number of times, and basically we in the west had to plan our trips around the few flights our Toronto clan could get. It seemed that we could fly almost any day while they only had a couple trips a week to choose from.

TIM

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Changed

Post by webmaster » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Just as Vallarta is an interesting destination for west coast and southern US states, I could imagine the same would repeat in Canada.

I reworded the section so there would be no bias :-) until I can find real data. Thanks for your time.

Greetings

M.

Neverenuff
PV Fan
PV Fan

Coming from Detroit

Post by Neverenuff » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:55 pm

We have been coming to PV for 7 years with at least 10 other Canadians couples who all fly out of Detroit Mi. Its not true all easteners go to Cuba or Cancun.

I think the newest flying problem this forum should tell people is the passport problems. In the last week there have been numerous people refused entry to airlines because of some sort of damage to their passports. This damage ranges from water damage to folds and tears. It has been on all the major Canadian news channels praising everyone to first look at their passport and if your's has any defects please replace before flying. We just got our new passports before christmas so I know ours are fine for now.

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re: Coming from Detroit

Post by condor » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Good info to know thanks for posting! :D

Neverenuff wrote:We have been coming to PV for 7 years with at least 10 other Canadians couples who all fly out of Detroit Mi. Its not true all easteners go to Cuba or Cancun.

I think the newest flying problem this forum should tell people is the passport problems. In the last week there have been numerous people refused entry to airlines because of some sort of damage to their passports. This damage ranges from water damage to folds and tears. It has been on all the major Canadian news channels praising everyone to first look at their passport and if your's has any defects please replace before flying. We just got our new passports before christmas so I know ours are fine for now.

Neverenuff
PV Fan
PV Fan

Question Condor

Post by Neverenuff » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Do they still have the Taco stand over the causeway form the airport? Sure had cold beer and good fish tacos.

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:04 am

Yes, it is still there, good as ever.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:53 pm

After a 4 year absence, I cou;dn't believe how much the airport has grown and changed.
getting all big city on us.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Its a bit of a walk now to actually get out of the airport! :)