like Tukari

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

islena
PV Fan
PV Fan
like Tukari

Post by islena » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 am

I am a huge fan of the VIP Taxi (reserved thru PV dot net). However,
my folks like the convenience of booking round-trip airport transport.
They used to use Tukari, but it seems to have gone off the internet.

Do you know if Tukari did go out of business?
If not, how can we contact them?
If so, could you suggest another company?

They like a car/ sedan, not a van or shuttle bus.
Something that will go direct to their hotel, not make stops.
and a vehicle that has easy access (not climbing up to enter.)

Like a taxi, but with the return to the airport reserved & paid in advance.

thanks in advance,
Islena

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:52 am

I have never heard of or dealt with Tukari. I always use the airport taxi or have a friend pick me up.

The only suggestion I have is contact Superior tours and tell them what your needs/wants/likes are and see if they can accommodate you. I have used them for a tour but they use vans for their tours which are not easy to climb into if mobility is an issue. They are authorized to pick up from the airport.

Superior Tours
Email: info@superiortoursvallarta.com
011 52 322 222-0024 or 52 322 135-8055 (cell)

islena
PV Fan
PV Fan

taxi union

Post by islena » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:41 am

Hi Kat, thanks for the suggestion.

In the meantime, I found this on another tour website: "Return Transfers Note: Due to an agreement between the hotels and taxi union, allowing only taxis to pick up at hotels, we are not currently able to offer round-trip transfers. We can offer arrival transfers only. Your hotel will arrange for a taxi to return you to the airport. We hope to be able to offer this service again soon. Thank you for your understanding."

not sure if this is old or new info.

hasta luego,
Islena

katnsocal
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by katnsocal » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Islena,
The airport is is under Federal jurisdiction, as are the beaches, and the Marina. Federal taxis are the only ones allowed to take passengers out of the airport ( but they are not allowed to bring passengers back into the airport). The private transportation companies must have a federal permit to pick passengers up at the airport. I have never seen them returning passengers, the taxi union has that controlled so that the regular taxis are the only ones allowed to return passengers.

The taxi union has a pretty good grip on transportation in town. We have told our customers we will pick them up and take them to the boat from different locations and the taxis throw a fit every time and threaten to call the police. This has happened to us with people that are friends, not just customers.

I don't think you will see that union give in and give up those return fares to the airport.

If you are going to have to take a taxi one-way, you might as well take it both ways.