Infant car seat law??

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

cdemo
Infant car seat law??

Post by cdemo » Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:31 pm

Can someone please tell me if there is a car seat seat law?

robin1

Re:Infant car seat law??

Post by robin1 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:12 pm

As with all things regarding safety in Mexico there are no laws governing the use of infant car seats ...however the driver is "meant " to use a seat belt.Now I feel I must warn you if you have never been to Mexico I would not put any child into a car there without one .They drive like mad ...very littlle reagard for safety and accidents are quite common .
Just some friendly advice ...take it or leave it ...

LOL

r

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:24 pm

"They drive like crazy... little regard for safety..." well, as an inhabitant of Mexico, I live in a larger city (Guadalajara, 4 million inhab) I would say no. Sure there may be quieter places to drive, but it's not that bad, it's not as if there are wrecks and dead people all over the place, that I would say is not the case. I've been places that are worse, Athens Greece for example, where I saw three street accidents in one day, or Maracaibo, for example, where people run red lights as a hobby or Buenos Aires, where there are no streetlights, the one that gets there first crosses first or Mexico City, where you are scraping past adjacent cars. But sure, if you come from a small town and are used to calm, slow driving around the block, driving conditions in Vallarta (and most of the world) will be a bit extreme :-)... But as I say, it's not as radical as you try to paint it or maybe you're from a small itsy bitsy town too? :-)

Greetings

Mogens

robin1

Post by robin1 » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:01 pm

NO my hometown is aprox 1.3 million so not small.All I meant was that in my own expiriences the traffic in PVR is not like driving at home .The drivers drive faster , on a recent trip I saw two cabbies racing each other down one of the main strips ...turns out the gringos inside were tipping to see who would get there the fastest ...not something I would ususallly see at home...And while were on the topic you have to admit there is a lack of safety regs in Mexico compared to the US all I was trying to do was say that I would not put a child into a vehicle ( mexico or us ) without a car seat .
PS
My first time in Mexico (pvr) i saw how safe it is for parking ...a gentleman (local) was trying to park his car he did so by bumping the one in the rear then following with the one in front he persisted for about 10 minutes then realized his 1976 lincoln would not fit into such a small place.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:11 pm

Driving in another country is never like driving at home... why state the obvious? It's a matter of adapting, one of the traits that has made us get this far in history and evolution. What I noticed more was your emphasis in criticising, which was why I reacted. I'd recommend you drop your "my country is so great, and obviously better than Mexico" attitude.

Greetings

Mogens

clinta74

Post by clinta74 » Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:26 pm

I think it just SEEMS faster, because of the bumps, the twists and the narrowness. And I also think the traffic has slowed down ALOT from 6-10 years ago.

robin1

Post by robin1 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:21 am

If I am not free to exspress my opinion here Mr Mogens please say so otherwise as I said in my original post this is my feeling take it or leave it ...as for your comment on my country being better again you do not know me yet you seem so defensive?

I thought we were free to exspress ourselves here ????If not you should call it the Mogens board!

Good day

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:31 pm

Sure you can express yourself, but if you sound offensive, you'll get feedback on that and that's just what I've done.

I am the moderator on these boards and I do my job, this involves deleting or editing postings whenever necessary, so in a sense they are Mogens' boards :-) (just joking)

In any case if anything I sound offensive (I admit it), not defensive... but anyway it's not such a big issue, just that things aren't ever as they are at home, that's the whole fun of travelling, if everything was exactly as it is in your home town/city why travel?

And as a last comment, I many times do go amok when I see moronic parents travelling with their kids standing in between their seats, in their arms in the front seat or in some extremely moronic cases leaning on the front windows (just how stupid and irresponsible can people be! I never cease to be surprised time and again), that I've seen many places in the world and I think it's great how USA and Europe really impose and demand parents put them on the back seats in adecuate seats. Well done! I'm all for that!

Greetings

Mogens

robin1

Post by robin1 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:50 pm

Just an update this one for Mr Mogens I was wondering if you would care to comment on Slippery petes post under complaints and suggestions entitled A Real Problem .Seems Im not the only one who feels the drivers in PVR are less than safe?

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Still griping?

Post by webmaster » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:19 pm

Still feeling sour or what? Cry baby ;-) In any case, I do not have time this time, specially at this time of year. I'll comment whenever I feel the real need. Opinions are like brains (not using the original version :-)), everyone has one... so you're entitled to one too :-) - have fun.

Mogens

robin1

Post by robin1 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:27 pm

I guess????

Just wondering what you thought of Petes post , not sure what the rest of your post refers too???

robin1

Post by robin1 » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:30 pm

Oh I get it ....you have time for a snide remark(crybaby)? But not time for a real answer?

Just looking for your input as it seems there are more than a few people that feel PVR is not the safest for drivers .If you dont want to comment thats ok .

sam2008
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Puerto Vallarta Transportation

Post by sam2008 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:56 am

Puerto Vallarta is serviced by three municipal bus unions that provide coverage for most of the greater Puerto Vallarta area (e.g. Ixtapa, Mismaloya, Pitillal). Most of the population of the Municipality of Puerto Vallarta travels by municipal bus. Automobile ownership is not rare, but automobiles are seldom used to commute to and from work.
===============================================
Sam