air fair

Travel to and from: airfares, cruises, etc. + local transport: taxi, bus, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

joella
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
air fair

Post by joella » Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:36 am

I was checking out prices for going down to PV (I would fly out of Dallas/Ft Worth) and I found a cheaper fair from American Airlines. It was about 300.00 less to use their package than with a normal charter, and that was adding an extra night too. (2000.00 for a 4 night/5 day charter vs a 5 night 6 day with American Airlines) Go
to Funjet.com and play around with the dates, you just might find a better deal.
Have a great trip.

Danny

Re:air fair

Post by Danny » Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:59 am

you got ripped off.....we paid 597 each for 6 nights hotel and airfare at the krystal

sam i am

Post by sam i am » Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:10 am

hey danny where did you go to get that price?

Rapid

Post by Rapid » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:08 am

If you lick to sleep on the beach stay at the Krystal, only the time share are open, the rest is not and dont count on it soon. the date keeps getting pushed back. people that were going to stay there in jan. are changing.

bmh

Post by bmh » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:57 am

Danny (Nov 21, 2003 02:59 a.m.):
you got ripped off.....we paid 597 each for 6 nights hotel and airfare at the krystal
When did you stay at the Krystal? We are booked there for Christmas. Have they finished the new building and did you get to stay in it? How far is it to walk from the road to the beach through the hotel grounds? Did you participate in any of the water sports? If so, what types are available, from where and how much? We have three teenage boys who can't wait!!!! Any suggestions on tours - water and/or land? If you go on one of the tequila tours is it an expected drunk?

nj

Post by nj » Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:51 pm

rapid

What part of the Krystal is closed? Friends were there last January and everything was open except the 1st flooor time shares which were still being redone from Kenna.

lilianna
PV Fan
PV Fan

tequila tour

Post by lilianna » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:54 pm

When did you stay at the Krystal? We are booked there for Christmas. Have they finished the new building and did you get to stay in it? How far is it to walk from the road to the beach through the hotel grounds? Did you participate in any of the water sports? If so, what types are available, from where and how much? We have three teenage boys who can't wait!!!! Any suggestions on tours - water and/or land? If you go on one of the tequila tours is it an expected drunk?

we did the local tequila tour in pitillal (sp) and enjoyed it. you see the basic tequila making, history, etc. and do not get drunk at all. you get to taste the different grades of tequila and learn the difference in making blanco, reposado, and anejo. you basically try mini mini shot glasses of the different varieties, and afterwards lunch is included. i think it was 15 bucks and the bus stops right out front the facility.

bmh

Re:tequila tour

Post by bmh » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:00 am

lilianna (Nov 25, 2003 03:54 p.m.):
we did the local tequila tour in pitillal (sp) and enjoyed it. you see the basic tequila making, history, etc. and do not get drunk at all. you get to taste the different grades of tequila and learn the difference in making blanco, reposado, and anejo. you basically try mini mini shot glasses of the different varieties, and afterwards lunch is included. i think it was 15 bucks and the bus stops right out front the facility.
Thanks, that sounds like what we are looking for. Do you remember the name of the tequila destillery? What time of day did you go? Were there any children taking the tours? Do you have any suggestions on what water tours to take? thanks again

Danny

Post by Danny » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:15 am

Rapid (Nov 24, 2003 08:08 p.m.):
If you lick to sleep on the beach stay at the Krystal, only the time share are open, the rest is not and dont count on it soon. the date keeps getting pushed back. people that were going to stay there in jan. are changing.
i'm sure the place i bought my package wouldnt sell me a hotel room that is closed down

Danny

Post by Danny » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:16 am

sam i am (Nov 24, 2003 01:10 a.m.):
hey danny where did you go to get that price?
alaskaair.com...seattle to PVR dec 12-18

robo

Post by robo » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:47 pm

Im sure they wouldnt sell me a package with a hotel closed down?

Ask any one who was booked at the Sheraton for the last 16 months , the trouble is sometimes construction in PVR does not go as planned and you may end up with a different hotel when you get there....