Popular Local Music

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

debsinillinois
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Popular Local Music

Post by debsinillinois » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:43 pm

Can anyone give me some names of bands or titles of popular area music? Such as the music played around the pools at resorts and the dance clubs.

misstiffany1977
PV Fan
PV Fan

Re:Popular Local Music

Post by misstiffany1977 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:52 am

On our trip earlier this month we caught the PV All Stars at the Santa Barbara and had a really good time - Ska, Reagee, cover-band. Not local in a sense of traditional music but they are from PV?! :) Energetic, fun and have a lot of talent!

Enjoy!

Tiffany
Seattle, WA

misstiffany1977
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by misstiffany1977 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:54 am

Sorry just re-read your question....it's late...hey still check them out! Not sure about what they play around the pools....not what I like anyway that's why I travel w/ my ipod!

Great_White_North

Post by Great_White_North » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:57 pm

The only song I remember from my whole trip to PV was this catchy song they played at the hotel a lot and I heard it a few times at some of the night clubs. It was like " sa sa sa sa sa sa sa sa" and thats all I can really remember, mostly because I had too much to drink and it was the easiest thing to sing!!!! Besides our attempt to sing the pina colada song!! anyways enjoy the Sa Sa song when you go there and if you could get the name if and when you go there , post it I want that song!!!

Cheers
Bruce

debbi
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by debbi » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:23 pm

I would also love to get the name of the sa sa sa song ..... if anyone knows the name please pass it along !! Thanks

claudi
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by claudi » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:37 pm

The name of the song is La mesa que mas aplauda .....have fun!

Great_White_North

Post by Great_White_North » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:48 am

Thank you so much claudia that brings back so much memorys!!!

Gilbert

Post by Gilbert » Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:39 am

Great_White_North (Jul 03, 2004 01:57 p.m.):
The only song I remember from my whole trip to PV was this catchy song they played at the hotel a lot and I heard it a few times at some of the night clubs. It was like " sa sa sa sa sa sa sa sa" and thats all I can really remember, mostly because I had too much to drink and it was the easiest thing to sing!!!! Besides our attempt to sing the pina colada song!! anyways enjoy the Sa Sa song when you go there and if you could get the name if and when you go there , post it I want that song!!!

Cheers
Bruce
I think your talking about El Za Za Za done by a group called Climax.

mrmike9
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by mrmike9 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:40 am

Mesa Que Masa Aplauda and El Za Za Za are the same song. The band is called Climax. You can buy the record at Wal-Mart in the US. Here's the website if you want to hear a clip: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=2680484

Mickey873

Post by Mickey873 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:26 pm

I heard this song at the disco in PV and fell in love with it!! 2 days after I got home, I get an e-mail with this song in it - how cool is that!

BUT - I still have NO IDEA who sings the song or what the name of it is...

Would anybody be able to help me out? Here is a link to the webpage that has Macromedia flash movie of this guy rockin' out to this song. Thanks!

http://db.playego.com.br/orafiles/01122 ... 41567g.swf

mickey

bzy1inpv

Post by bzy1inpv » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:00 am

The song is Dragostea Din Tei by Ozone (Hungarian band)

beach_girl13

Post by beach_girl13 » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:57 am

Hey deb my local neighbor in chi town! I don't know how popular they are in PV but Cafe Tacvba is pretty good...they have had concerts in chicago. More of a rock band.

JoJo

Post by JoJo » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:29 pm

I am looking for the song, "Follow the Leader" I believe by the Soca (Soka) Boys. Does anyone have the cd? What title? Also to download what sight have you used?
There is also a song I have no idea the name and the only words I know from it are "para nino". Anybody have a clue.

Thanks

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:19 pm

JoJo (Mar 17, 2005 05:29 p.m.):
I am looking for the song, "Follow the Leader" I believe by the Soca (Soka) Boys. Does anyone have the cd? What title? Also to download what sight have you used?
There is also a song I have no idea the name and the only words I know from it are "para nino". Anybody have a clue.

Thanks
we have the CD of the Soca Boys and the Follow the leader sone... We got it at the Woolworths store in Downtown Puerto Vallarta...we love that CD and so have our friends back here in Iowa... we have to take it along to most parties as everybody wants to do the Follow the Leader dance.... good luck...