New Years Eve

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

mntonkatoy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
New Years Eve

Post by mntonkatoy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:25 pm

I get to spend my first New Years Eve in PV !! Any suggestions for fun places/parties on NY for the "50" someting crowd ? I can't spend all my time at Andala's (sp)

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:03 pm

The street in front of Andales is closed to traffic for NYE and turned into a big street dance. People dance not only in the street but on the balconies overlooking the street. It is lots and lots of fun. If you are down there about 9 PM for dinner somewhere along the beach, you will find the fun just by following your nose. They string firecrackers up over the sidewalks and fill the beaches with fireworks to let off at 12 PM. It is enough to make a fire chief in Canada or the US a nervous wreck.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:13 pm

Willie and Lobo at the River Cafe. If you can't get in, sit on the bench outside or listen from the bridge.

winterpegman

Post by winterpegman » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:08 pm

Spend part of it it anywhere on the beach/Malecon. Each community around the bay puts on a small fireworks display at midnight, and it's VERY cool to see the show all around the bay (best viewed on the beach). The Malecon fireworks display is larger and longer than the smaller communities.

Then check out the street party on Olas Altas...(sorry..back to Andale's!!), it's a good time.

mntonkatoy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by mntonkatoy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:17 pm

sounds like I'm going to have a busy (and fun ) night....maybe I will have to find a "chicita" to drag around with me :)

Chuck Burns
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

New Years Eve

Post by Chuck Burns » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:38 pm

Going to be in PV for New Years Eve, plan on going to Andele's and other local establishments. What is the appropriate attire for a new years on the streets and beach? Shorts, Jeans, Slacks? Don't want to be dressed up more than I have to, but don't want to offend anyone either.

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:10 pm

MAKE SURE YOU ARE COVERED UP

mntonkatoy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by mntonkatoy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:49 pm

Chuck,Don't know what the dress code would be but I would suspect its the same as always...shorts and sandles ! Except I have been advised to were my "raincoat"as well :lol: See you at Andales !!!

gingermaei
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gingermaei » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:10 pm

Why not, Andalas is GREAT.....for any age and it's my favorite! In PV I don't think age matters so be open to anything and try a little bar hopping from one spot to another. I wish I could be there on New Years.....you will have to let me know how it goes....and maybe share some pics.
Ginger

belardi
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by belardi » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:18 pm

If you know of Willie & Lobo, they are playing at the River Cafe on New Year's Eve. Then you can still party out in the streets later.

mntonkatoy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by mntonkatoy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:36 pm

:? How am I going to pack this all in in one night ? I may just have to stay out all night :D Thanks for all the great advice ! What kind of music does Willie and Lobo do ? I have been to PV before ( and made all the rounds) but never on New Years...sounds like a great way to bring in 2007 !

gingermaei
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gingermaei » Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:27 pm

Wow, you may just have to carry the celebration right into the next day!
Ginger

Chuck Burns
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

New Years Eve

Post by Chuck Burns » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:41 pm

Hey MNTonkaToy look for me at Andele's I'll be the gringo in shorts and sandles. Just a shot in the dark but we are looking for a guy we met last Jan. from Minn. That we fondly called Minn. Mike :twisted: . We were on the Geronimo for the Booze Cruz. Anyway wether you are him or not we are going to have One Hell Of A Party. :P :wink:

mntonkatoy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by mntonkatoy » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:25 pm

hey Chuck, I'm Jim from Minnetonka :twisted: also ! I was there in March. Tell me about the booze cruz ? How about the island trip ? Is C&C still the place for sunsets (ie warm up time). I will also be in shorts and sandles, like everyone else !

belardi
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by belardi » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:11 am

mntonkatoy wrote::? How am I going to pack this all in in one night ? I may just have to stay out all night :D Thanks for all the great advice ! What kind of music does Willie and Lobo do ? I have been to PV before ( and made all the rounds) but never on New Years...sounds like a great

I don't know if clicking on site below will work or not, but Willie & Lobo are described as 'gypsy flamenco.' You can google their name which goes to their site. When you click on music it brings you to this site.

One of my fav's of theirs is Dance With You. It is really cool, and sounds like someone is singing, but don't think they are - it's their instruments.

Believe the two actually met in Mexico, and I know they've played in Vallarta through the years. Hope you enjoy checking them out!

whttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005A88P/sr ... ing=UTF8ay to bring in 2007 !

Chuck Burns
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

New Years Eve

Post by Chuck Burns » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:18 pm

Hey Jim, aka;MNTonkaToy, the Booze Cruz was great because we made it that way. Thanks to Minn. Mike and his lovely wife (whose names we do not know, or at least remember) you know "Strangers in the Night" thing, there were 4 couples of us that were somewhat loud and boisterous, :twisted: and just a little bit inebriated. We had a blast but the people seemed to move away from us we ended us with a whole seating section to ourselves :oops: , not bragging but we were just having more fun than everybody else. Anyway the Cruz is what you make it. Just Like Andele's if you aren't there to have fun you shouldn't Go! You should try to do a Whale Watching trip it's good therapy for the day after a hard night at Andele's :wink: . We set on the beach in front of CC's all the time, even though we are staying in a condo at the Holiday Inn. We Love the Los Muertos Beach area, spend more time there than anyplace. :lol:

mntonkatoy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by mntonkatoy » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:35 pm

Chuck, I stayed at a condo at the Holiday Inn last year...but I got tired of cabbing every night to old town :lol: So this time I'm at the Tropicana , which is close to "the night life" supposedly ! Not the ritz, but close (and reservations were tough to come by for that week.). Last time I did a sunset criuse(sorry, booze cruise) was several years ago , New Years Eve at Key West....we didn't even last till midnight ( of course it was only our 5th night out ). Will have to pace myself this time ( or maybe just take a short nap) :twisted:

Chuck Burns
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

New Years Eve

Post by Chuck Burns » Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:12 pm

Jim, I know what you mean about getting a room for New Years, we had a hard time finding one. I think you probably did the right thing, I heard that Cabs are hard to find Later in the night on New Years Eve. I may have to crawl back to the H.I. We'll be the Mid 50's Teenagers there by Andele's. We ought to be real easy to pick out of the crowd, we'll be the ones having fun. E-mail me cburns50@yahoo.com maybe we can meet up at CC's Friday evening.