Hello! 1st timer to PV Feb

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

redgirl76nj
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Hello! 1st timer to PV Feb

Post by redgirl76nj » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:37 am

Hello everyone!

My boyfriend and I are visiting PV in Feb and staying at the Sheraton Villas. We're from the NYC/NJ area, I am 30 and he's 33. I don't want to have a set agenda everyday, but if anyone can make recommendations for at least once nice restaurant for breakfast, lunch or especially dinner (seafood dinner), a few cool bars or clubs (not a club scene that is strictly college kids - don't get us wrong we do like to have fun) and any other great activities that we'll enjoy-we'd really appreciate it!

We have friends who are staying in NV at the Mayan Palace at the same time so we'll go there for a day, I heard they have a fabulous pool.

Thanks so much!!!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:29 pm

Well you can't go wrong when you are down town... from the Sheraton you aren't that far from the start of the Malecon.. all you have to do is get there, and start walking... you will find all kinds of wonderful resturants, bars, clubs, etc... and you can go from $$ to $$$$$$$ depending on what you are looking for... There have been some great threads out here on favorite resturants etc... here are a couple of ours....

The Blue Shrimp
de Santos
Pipi's
The River Cafe
Cafe de Artiste

Good luck have a great time....

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:54 pm

DELETED

margarita man 2

Post by margarita man 2 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:42 am

The Sheraton is a great resort. Stayed there about 7 years ago. It's a nice walk from the resort to downtown. Pipi's is a must.

gingermaei
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by gingermaei » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:57 am

Dinner at Andales is a must, and the bar has a great atmosphere. It's a PV must.

Ginger

sjl330
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by sjl330 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:38 pm

For seafood I'd try Marisco's Tino's in Pitilial. That's not the correct spelling I don't think but it's up the hill behind Walmart and is fantastic! We'll be going there again next month when we're down there.

Have fun.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Hello! 1st timer to PV Feb

Post by ellen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:35 pm

redgirl76nj wrote:Hello everyone!

My boyfriend and I are visiting PV in Feb and staying at the Sheraton Villas. We're from the NYC/NJ area, I am 30 and he's 33. I don't want to have a set agenda everyday, but if anyone can make recommendations for at least once nice restaurant for breakfast, lunch or especially dinner (seafood dinner), a few cool bars or clubs (not a club scene that is strictly college kids - don't get us wrong we do like to have fun) and any other great activities that we'll enjoy-we'd really appreciate it!

We have friends who are staying in NV at the Mayan Palace at the same time so we'll go there for a day, I heard they have a fabulous pool.

Thanks so much!!!
Try Mariscos Polo on Francisco Madero.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:45 am

While you're in N.V., you can try La Laguna for very good seafood.

svnr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by svnr » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:56 am

We have been staying at the Sheraton for several years. Next door is Hector's, looks like a zero from the street, but is great when you go all the way in...across the street is the Natural, great for breakfast or lunch.

All the restauarants mentioned are good, I like the Frankfort, but check with the concierge and let them recommend and give you free drink or appetizer coupons. I don't remmember the name, but about two blocks towards town on a corner across the street is a great restaurant where we have lunch.

Enjoy

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:32 am

I second Marisco's Polos, and Hector's Sunset. Do both. At the latter, you'll think there's nothing there (ask about the hurricane), but follow the sign. Last year we had the grouper filet and the octopus. Both were excellent. For breakfasts, in addition to 100% natural, a little ways north of the Sheraton (the opposite direction from downtown), across from the Mega, is Los Alcatraces. Mostly local clientele, with great ambience and great food and low prices. It's our favorite breakfast in PV.

luvtotravel63
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by luvtotravel63 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:05 pm

I would add my support of Pipi's. It's always a must for us when we're visiting P.V. It makes a good lunch (fairly heavy lunch) or dinner stop.

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Couple of lunch spots

Post by oneistwo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:01 am

Two more places for lunch: Planeto Vegetariano (I'm not a vegetarian and I like it) and Los Caprichos for tapas. I forgot the street but Planeto is easy to look up, and Caprichos is a block and a half up the hill. And if you're 30 and 33 you should be able to make it up the hill (I'm 59 and I approach them from the more gradual side streets)

On another excursion, have the gazpacho at La Bodeguita off the Malecon, then stick around for the mojitos. "One is two" at happy hour :D

svnr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by svnr » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:17 am

We are supposed to be at the Sheraton right now, but my wife got sick and we had to cancel. My friends Dick n Donna Brown are in the Tower,
call them and tell them to have a margarita for Al n Deb

Thank you

Svnr