First time to PV!

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

7myers
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
First time to PV!

Post by 7myers » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi,
My wife and I are first-timers to PV mid-March 07. Any suggestions? We are staying at Dreams, but want to experience other restaurants, bars, shopping, etc. We love good food, good drink, a good party (we are older! 50, but don't act it!), so suggestions on nite life and dancing would be appreciated. She loves the beach and water; swim with dolphins worth it? How about Rhythms of the Night? Anything romantic? The world is our oyster; now we just have to find it!!!
L&J

oneistwo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by oneistwo » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:21 pm

We're mid-Marchers and mid-50s too, and this will be I think our ninth year.

Others have recently posted first-timer questions. I remember a couple threads started by "upnorth" in particular, who also stayed at Dreams. Do a search by author, and check out the other sections and you may find your questions already answered.

Have a map? I don't have the addresses for all of these, but you can find them easily enough and locate them.

For restaurants, there seems to be a consensus on this board that Mariscos Polo is a must (again, do a search and it will pop up). If you "love good food," I would recommend the Red Cabbage, for Mexican gourmet, not too expensive (make reservations and write down the address for the cab driver). More expensive, but a gourmet bargain compared to US prices, is Cafe des Artistes. Ask for an upstairs (outdoor) table. Then do tapas at Barcelona, and that will be one great first-timer dining week. For lunches, I recommend tapas at Los Caprichos, at the corner of Miramar and Iturdibe, and the gazpacho (and happy hour) at La Bodeguita del Medio on the Malecon at Allende.

There are dozens more, so keep poking around on this board. There are some we've added to our list to check out, but the ones I mentioned I consider the basics.

Yes on the Rhythms of the Night. It's billed as "romantic" and I don't know if it rises to that, but it is indeed pleasant.

wanttogotopv
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by wanttogotopv » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:21 am

swimming with dolphins is definitely worth it. do the royal swim..it's much more personal and only a little bit more money.