Club advice for end of August

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

travel guy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Club advice for end of August

Post by travel guy » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:10 pm

My wife and I will be coming to PV for the first time, during the last week of August. We are in our 40's but can fit in with a young crowd. We prefer rock & roll, 80's or Latin. ( With a few drinks I can attempt to dance to just about anything except techno) I'm not normally a night owl. Are there any clubs that are worth going to before 12:00? I think Andales gets started early, any suggestions for any others & what time to go?

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Clubs

Post by Jennybean » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:06 pm

You might try to hit La Bodeguita del Medio on the Malecon before Andales for some hot Cuban live music and some cool refreshing mojitos.

If it's still open, The Roxy down on Ignacio Vallarta offers live rock n' roll and cold beer.

Viejo Vallarta used to offer live rock, pool playing and cold beer but I've heard it has changed hands so I don't know what it's like now.

You could also try the Cheeky Monkey for cheap drinks on the Malecon. Not really a club, more a bar.

On the beach on the south side just a block or two from Andale is Cuates y Cuetes, which will usually have a latin jazz combo playing many nights. A relaxing place to watch the sun go down and toss back some cold ones inexpensively.

travel guy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by travel guy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:07 pm

Thanks,

Doing a little bar hopping in some rock n roll bars, shooting some pool and mingling with the locals sounds like an excellent way to spend some time & get a feel of the Puerto Vallarta atmosphere until the dance clubs get going.

My wife & I really like Latin music, so live Cuban music at La Bodeguita sounds great. I can hardly wait. Thanks again for the advice.

Any other suggestions on unique things to see or do in Puerto Vallarta would be greatly appreciated.

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:05 pm

A good way to start the evening is to get a balcony seat at Tequila's overlooking the malecon, have a nice dinner, I recommend the chicken and mole', and sample some of the better Tequilas, but not too many or the evening will end there also :lol: .

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Tequilas

Post by Jennybean » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:00 pm

Sadly, I heard a rumour a couple of weeks ago that Tequilas is closed.

travel guy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by travel guy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:39 pm

After reading davilin's recommendation, I found Tequila's website. It looked like a nice restaurant with Mexican atmosphere & a great view of the Malecon.

When I read Jennybean's response, I went back to the website & emailed Tequila's to see if they are still open. Unfortunately, I haven't received a response yet.

Tator
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Tator » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:28 pm

I just love going to the Malecon at night and going to all the different clubs. There is something for everyone, from break dancing at Carlos to rock bands at Bebo.

**LoLa**
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by **LoLa** » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:06 am

Mambo Cafe is alot of fun...there was people there of all ages. The music is great, they have a live band which plays for awhile, and then they play music afterwards. Its alot of fun!