Where to watch the Superbowl?

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Cheesehead
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Where to watch the Superbowl?

Post by Cheesehead » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:32 am

My wife and I will be staying at the Riu Jalisco Jan 28-Feb 6 2008
and we are looking for advice on a good place to watch the Superbowl.
[Hopefully with our Packers playing!!] Also, we are interested in any places that would have live music any time during the week. I have read that Bubba and The Bottom Feeders are at El Pescador on Sundays. Does anyone know if they will be there Superbowl Sunday?
Thanks in advance for any replies.

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Re: Where to watch the Superbowl?

Post by ellen » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:58 am

Cheesehead wrote:My wife and I will be staying at the Riu Jalisco Jan 28-Feb 6 2008
[Hopefully with our Packers playing!!] Also, we are interested in any places that would have live music any time during the week. I have read that Bubba and The Bottom Feeders are at El Pescador on Sundays. Does anyone know if they will be there Superbowl Sunday?
My guess is that they will be there on Superbowl Sunday but you can get their schedule at some point by "googling" them and linking to their website.

condor
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by condor » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:19 am

Lets not count our Lombardi trophies before they are won we don't want to jinks them. Remember one game at a time. :lol: With that said you should be able to watch our Packers Superbowl Sunday just about anywhere that has satellite TV. I would think the resort should. I had some friends at the Allegro Nov 4th and they had the Packers/ chiefs game on at the beach bar. Ask at the resort they should know other wise you may have to find a Sports Bar to watch it at there are plenty in PV and I woould think you should be able to find one in Bucerias.

Contessa
PV Guru
PV Guru

Re: Where to watch the Superbowl?

Post by Contessa » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:33 pm

Cheesehead wrote:My wife and I will be staying at the Riu Jalisco Jan 28-Feb 6 2008
Unfortunately, Bubba and the Bottom Feeders have "retired" from performing at El Pescador on Sundays. Might want to check out Que Pasa in old town near the tunnel. You will find live music there. Also check out Cafe Roma on their website...

Cheers!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:13 am

looks like you have struck out twice... yes unfortunately Bubba and the Bottom Feeders have disbanded and aren't playing in bucerias... and the Pack came up just a little short on sunday... so unless you really want to watch a yawner... there is No Name Cafe, or El Toritos... etc.. for a couple bars to catc the game...

Cheesehead
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Cheesehead » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:05 am

As a postscript, We ended up at El Toritos to watch the Super Bowl after $1 Coronas at the Cheekey Monkey and a few more at Captain Ron's.Plenty of Coronas at El Toritos also. Glad the Giants won!!
Ended up at Andales after the game.(Wife rode the donkey)
We had a great time at all these places and can't wait to get back.
Thanks for your comments,
Cheesehead