Blues

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

vintagelady
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Blues

Post by vintagelady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:29 pm

Is there any where to go for Blues music? :D The last time we were in PV was 12 years ago so I have been trying to get caught up by reading as much as I can on this forum. We are not doing the AI based on comments from this board. :wink: We will be at PV for Easter--anything we should know about :?:

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Blues

Post by Jennybean » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:45 pm

Closest I've ever come to hearing blues in PV was the occasional riff or song at places like Viejo Vallarta or the Roxy.

If you're looking for blues, you might want to reschedule your trip for Chicago in the summertime instead - a MUCH better option to find what you're seeking there. :wink:

Regarding Easter - as long as you're aware it's the busiest travel time of the year in PV, with thousands of Mexicans flocking to the coastal regions for the holiday, you should be fine. Just expect more: more traffic, more lines, more crowds. And also expect less: less beach space, less parking, less available materials in stores.

Most PV expats and residents I know stock up on 10 days of goods and hole up over Semana Santa to avoid the crowds...just be prepared for it.

vintagelady
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by vintagelady » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:04 pm

Thanks for the info--where can I find the schedule of when ships will be in :?: I'm sure those are also days to avoid shopping.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Ships

Post by Jennybean » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:12 pm

From the Administracion Portuaria Integral Puerto Vallarta site, the 2008 schedule for ships:

-http://www.apivta.com/imgs/CALENDARIO%202008(1).xls

chico98
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by chico98 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:18 pm

like this one on cruiser schedual
api is good also

-http://www.cruisecal.com/portal/PuertoV ... fault.aspx

beachluvr
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by beachluvr » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:10 pm

no guarantee on type of music, but la cruz offers a few
establishments that routinely host musical groups.