current best places AFTER dinner for 40+ crowd

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:53 am

We are all married, and it does not seem to make any difference. In other words, it does not seem to deter anyone from asking us to dance and even propose other ideas.........but we would never do that, of course!! LOL!!

I am still working on other ideas for your theme night. I'll have to ask Peggy and Monica. Toga, Hawaiian floral, redneck/white trash, and old prom dress (worn with tennis shoes) come to mind.......

Sometimes we choose a special "word of the week" that we all try to use as often as we can throughout the vacation. The most memorable one was "pussy" which is also "puse" (poo-say) which is the past tense of the verb poner, "to put or place or pour." We all speak some Spanish, so it was really fun to incorporate "pussy" into our conversations all week. Maybe you need to know us to appreciate this, but I'm sure you could also have fun with it!!

Yes, I agree, it would be fun to run around with you gals!! We usually go in the fall for the girls trip. Sometimes I'm there in June with Peggy also, with our kids too (mostly teenagers).

Sally

Shimano Penn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Shimano Penn » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Have my dancing shoes ready to go!
The only place you will want them is Jota Be, all the rest are uneven cobblestone floors :shock:

I just got back last night and while I certainly didn't get to try every place for dancing I did go to JB, Andale's and La Bodegita. (Roxy was closed when I stopped by at about 11:00 on Saturday night). Andale's did nothing for me, all middle aged tourists and just like any Black Angus lounge in the states it's not real dancing; just people hopping around to rock and roll on a small and uneven floor. La Bodegita is much better but still a very tiny and crappy floor. At least people actually know how to dance there ! Also live music which was great. If you are really into latin dance JB is it, huge wood floor and lots of latin flavor. Just remember that salsa is different no matter where you go, it was hard to find girls who could follow my lead as they are used to something qute different :roll:

I did have a blast but honestly surprised there aren't more real salsa clubs, Jota Be is pretty much it as far as I can tell.

relaxer
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

first timer

Post by relaxer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:48 pm

i want to hit pv and chill but im goin by myself .i just wanta have a good time n party.is this a good idea? 49yr.old but feel 30 !

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Wow...I'm surprised Roxy's was closed on a Saturday night..Are the crowds down that much??? Hope not as I love that bar.

You will not have any problem on your own downtown Puerto Vallarta. I'm 51 and my girlfriends and I have gone the last three years. We meet a lot of people and many travelling on their own. A lot of people love Andales but that is certainly not my favorite. I think all the people that went to Mexico when I was 20 are still coming back and going to Andales. I do like Apache martini bar right next door though and there are a few other places I hope to try this year. Roxy's is generally our end of the night stop and generally we hang out around the bar so there is always someone to talk to there.

Enjoy!! I will!

JordanRHughes
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by JordanRHughes » Thu May 06, 2010 7:21 pm

This is what I was looking for. Thanks for the shares.

Jordan.
puerto vallarta hotels|orlando hotels
Last edited by JordanRHughes on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Thu May 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Do love La Bodegita. Was in PV the last two weeks in February and spent several nights here. Always someone asking us to dance and I particularly like it during the week when its mostly locals. Roxies was crazy as usual....Still love that bar and all the staff! Been going back year after year and its nice to be greeted with big hugs from a lot of the staff!

pvgemini
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by pvgemini » Thu May 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Chrisnick you are back! Haven's seen you on the board for awhile. Wondering what happened.........was your trip awesome?? !!

Sally

chrisnick
PV Master
PV Master

Post by chrisnick » Fri May 07, 2010 3:03 am

My trip was amazing as usual!! LOL...met so many cool people and my daughter (23) joined the madness for the first week. She has been to PV 4 times and said this was her best trip ever!! Guess I should post one of my little vacation stories...