Massages in Puerto Vallarat

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

cassatta
Massages in Puerto Vallarat

Post by cassatta » Thu Jul 26, 2001 7:35 pm

Hi - My friend and I are planning to go to PV for a week. Any suggestions on where we can get good massages while we are there. We are planning on staying at the Krystal.

Also - we are almost 30 and not in the teeny bopper crowd. Any suggestions on where we can hang out and have a good time.. We love to dance..

Chapparita

Re:Massages in Puerto Vallarat

Post by Chapparita » Fri Jul 27, 2001 6:41 am

Since you're staying at Krystal, you should go to Christine's Disco which is part of the hotel. I don't know if admission is included with your stay but it's an older, dressier crowd. And they live up to their claim of being 'The most beautiful club in the world'. Well it is very nice. I guess avoid the Zoo bar because it's crazy and full of young (and not so young) partiers. Carlos O'Briens is good, too. If you like latin music try JB's or Tropigala (downtown).

Luigi1

Post by Luigi1 » Fri Jul 27, 2001 11:59 am

Hi...
One of our favorite places for massage is right there at the Krystal.
There are 2 "huts" where they do the massage to the sounds of the surf breaking.
Book for a late afternoon/early evening session. It's almost magical.
You can usually sign up near the towel stand (by the large pool).
Leandro is the owner, and do please say hello for us. We're Barbara and Louis who recently bought a condo in the "Plaza Genovesa". He'll probably remember us.
Enjoy yourselves.
Louis

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Fri Jul 27, 2001 5:05 pm

While it is a taxi or bus trip to Old Town, go see my friend Felipe Reyes. I have it on very good authority he does excellent massage, as well as minor adjustments, health and fitness tips (he's a marathon runner), etc. Here is his info:

office # 222-2268
cell # 044-320-66825

His place is near Olas Altas and Pilitas- Old Town. He also does house calls for a little more $$, but if the Krystal has someone on site, they may not let him in. He also takes on clients as a personal trainer too if you are so inclined.

Jennybean

Re:Clubs for the 30-ish crowd

Post by Jennybean » Fri Jul 27, 2001 5:12 pm

Forgot about your other question! I am also in that age bracket, and found these places to be right up my alley:

Try these:

La Bodeguita Del Medio - Malecon
(live Cuban music)

Roxy - on Vallarta, in Old Town
(live rock n' roll, great band, cheap drinks)

Viejo Vallarta - Malecon
(live music - it's upstairs, so you have to look for it)

Andale - Olas Altas, in Old Town
(rock and top 40 thrown in, classic stuff, live burro to ride, BIG drinks, dance on the bar if you want)

Jannsen & Johnson - Olas Altas, in Old Town
(European flavor, lots of Dutch speaking people, but they love to party - sit at the bar and sing a few songs with the gang)

When I get a good "glow", later in the evening when stuff starts to shut down, then I go to the Zoo and dance my hiney off. Late at night the locals get off work and go here to party, and that's when it really gets fun!

Kiki

Post by Kiki » Fri Aug 17, 2001 7:09 pm

I know Felipe! I've know him for years before he started getting into the healthy living. How is he doing?

kiki
Jennybean (Jul 27, 2001 12:05 p.m.):
While it is a taxi or bus trip to Old Town, go see my friend Felipe Reyes. I have it on very good authority he does excellent massage, as well as minor adjustments, health and fitness tips (he's a marathon runner), etc. Here is his info:

office # 222-2268
cell # 044-320-66825

His place is near Olas Altas and Pilitas- Old Town. He also does house calls for a little more $$, but if the Krystal has someone on site, they may not let him in. He also takes on clients as a personal trainer too if you are so inclined.

Jennybean

Re:Felipe

Post by Jennybean » Sat Aug 18, 2001 11:16 pm

Felipe is just great.....I never contact him directly when I go to PV each year, but he always finds me! Had an injury a while back that stopped him from training, but saw him in Feb. and things seemed good.

He has moved his massage work from his home to the office I mentioned on Olas Altas. I have a friend who used him for a massage last year and she loves him.....said she has never felt so good, and he even helped her out with nagging headaches from an old car crash injury.

eva
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by eva » Mon Jan 21, 2002 8:15 pm

How much do massages run in PV?

bzy1

Post by bzy1 » Tue Jan 22, 2002 4:17 am

I couldn't find Felipe for the life of me, even checked the malecon in the morning, Olas Altas at night- but I will hunt him down in 9 days- he is a miracle worker!

Jannsen & Johnson - Olas Altas, in Old Town>>>> Ghandhi, Adios, closed!!!!

Massages are the same price as the States in most Hotels- about $50-$65, much less if you look in the phone book for a shop, outside of the hotels. Felipe gave me over an hour for 200 pesos- on a friend of a friend discount:)

PV's phone books have an English side and a Spanish side-
so, check the ads.... and look for coupons, if someone hasn't ripped them out:)

Another excellent place to go is Terre Noble, way up on the hill in Centro- very cool, very holistic, a little more expensive, but man, oh man, worth every peso! They also have a web-site...

pvgary
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by pvgary » Thu Jan 24, 2002 3:05 am

Actually, my wife reports thast she got a wonderful massage at the Krystal. She and a friend did one of those "spa days" while us two guys went sport fishing. Some sport (long story--harummph). I think she got the better deal.

Gary

mnj

Post by mnj » Sun Feb 24, 2002 12:35 am

[Finding Fellipe, get a drink at Andale's out at one of the sidewalk tables, and it will only be a matter of time before he comes by. We have known Him for nearly 20 yrs. He does give great massages. Almost every one of our friends and family have had at least one. Also, first Si Senios, and now Janssen and Johnson, what a shame huh? Two of the best spots in town...Oh well
quote]bzy1 (Jan 21, 2002 10:17 p.m.):
I couldn't find Felipe for the life of me, even checked the malecon in the morning, Olas Altas at night- but I will hunt him down in 9 days- he is a miracle worker!

Jannsen & Johnson - Olas Altas, in Old Town>>>> Ghandhi, Adios, closed!!!!

Massages are the same price as the States in most Hotels- about $50-$65, much less if you look in the phone book for a shop, outside of the hotels. Felipe gave me over an hour for 200 pesos- on a friend of a friend discount:)

PV's phone books have an English side and a Spanish side-
so, check the ads.... and look for coupons, if someone hasn't ripped them out:)

Another excellent place to go is Terre Noble, way up on the hill in Centro- very cool, very holistic, a little more expensive, but man, oh man, worth every peso! They also have a web-site...