lounges or discos for the over "40" crowd?

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Caren
lounges or discos for the over "40" crowd?

Post by Caren » Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:41 pm

Does anyone know of a great place to listen to jazz, or listen & watch salsa or latin type music? I would like to go to places that aren't full of the 20 something crowd. Not that I can't compete with them, is I don't want to! I would like a more relaxing place, maybe more authentic Mexican style, too. Any suggestions? Gracias.

pt

Re:lounges or discos for the over "40" crowd?

Post by pt » Fri Nov 02, 2001 10:31 pm

Hola! Try Jabalu - next to the Sheraton. J and B is popular also. Mariachi Loco is another. And by far the best is Club Roxy - laid back, great music and all ages!

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Sat Nov 03, 2001 3:07 am

I don't know if there's dancing, but Bodeguita del Medio too? Great music, great place to watch a sunset, awesome Mojitos!

And I echo pt's comments about the Roxy.....absolutely hands down my favorite place to hang in PV(and I'm only in my early 30's). Great music, reasonable drinks, no cover, cool atmosphere. Mariachi Loco is a trip too!

montyjam
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by montyjam » Mon Nov 05, 2001 4:24 pm

Hey Caren, I don't know when you're planning to be in PV but a bunch of us are meeting this Saturday night, November 10th, 10PM at Andales in Old Vallarta. It's not live music (like the Roxy) but definintely a mixed crowd and a lot of fun. I'm in the 'over 40' crowd and love it there! BTW, I echo Jenny's sentiments about Mariachi Loco. Definitely worth a visit at least once.