Help me plz, I'm 17, will they serve to me???

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

underage
Help me plz, I'm 17, will they serve to me???

Post by underage » Sun Feb 10, 2002 4:34 am

im 17, will they serve me??? I'm a male, if that makes a difference!
im lookin to have a lot of fun!!!
im just not sure if they will serve a 17 year old?
all replies are appreciated
and....
im staying at the quantum, is that close to the bars, and they said that they give coupons to clubs, does this take away the cover???

underage

Re:Help me plz, I'm 17, will they serve to me??

Post by underage » Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:14 pm

we are staying at the Qualton, not the quantum, my bad, LOL

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:49 pm

I can't say for certain if they would serve you or not, they have become more conscious of letting underagers into the clubs. Carding has become much more common. 18 is the legal age, so if you're going with your folks and you want to enjoy a beverage, have them pick you up some cerveza and enjoy it at the hotel. Otherwise, it'll likely be a crapshoot whether you get served or not.

underage

Post by underage » Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:49 am

thanks for answering, is there any way around it, to get into clubs and stuff, i heard the zoo is really fun, what is the cover and age?

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:21 am

Legal age in all of PV is 18, and clubs like the Zoo are where you are most likely to be carded; it may not always happen, but be prepared for it to quite likely happen. Cover ranges from 80 to 200 pesos, depending on the night. You can give it a try, but I'm not sure if it will pan out.

Sunchild

Post by Sunchild » Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:23 pm

Don't worry about it. You should be able to get in just about everywhere. However Zoo Bar you do need cards. Sorry. My advice.. Make friends with some locals and that practically gives you a free pass to everything. Trust me.

ladyhunter

Post by ladyhunter » Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:57 pm

unederage..you have this, three different places on the board. To add a little more to your question What sunchild said about being with a group doesn't always hold; We were with a large group and the Q-man got i.d twice that nite He's a big guy and doesn't look like a kid And it was the zoo that I.D him and Carlos O'Brien's. Once they realized it was his 18th b-day. We partied!!! Remember one thing They have some pretty big bouncers at the door so if your i.d'd and can't produce it, be a gentleman and vamoose!!!There's always next year!!!

underage

Post by underage » Mon Feb 11, 2002 9:26 pm

thank you for everyone that posted an answer, hopefully ill have fun, which im sure ill find a way knowin me, lol
thanks again

FrankSam

Post by FrankSam » Thu Feb 28, 2002 6:21 am

They'll serve you anywhere...It's Mexico baby

Jennybean

Post by Jennybean » Thu Feb 28, 2002 11:17 pm

FrankSam (Feb 28, 2002 12:21 a.m.):
They'll serve you anywhere...It's Mexico baby
That used to be the case FrankSam, but not so much anymore.......carding is far more common in PV than ever before. I see it every year, every trip. I stand by my original advice, if you want to have some drinks, it would likely be easier to do at your hotel instead of trying to get into the big clubs. Just come on back next year when you're legal and do your liver and feet some serious damage then in the clubs.

stacey
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by stacey » Mon Mar 18, 2002 7:15 pm

You'll be fine. The Zoo is out of the question though, I even got asked for ID last year. It used to be that if you were young, blonde, and female, you could get in anywhere and get anything in PV. So you can imagine my shock when I was told I couldn't get in to the Zoo because I didn't have my ID on me. The worst of it was that I WAS of legal age. Anyway, the point is, forget about the Zoo. All the other bars should be fine. If for some reason they won't let you in to one, just go to the next one! No big deal. I promise you will get in to most places. Carlos O'Brien's wasn't carding last year, but maybe they are this time around. If you are worried about it, just go a little early (lke 9:30 or so) and grab a bite to eat or a drink or something (these places are all restaurants by day). Then as it starts to get busier, you don't have to worry about it because you are already in - you haven't paid cover charge or been carded. Works like a charm. Anyway, all that said, you should be fine. My 16 yr. old cousin was there last year and he partied it up with the rest of us, so don't worry. Have a great time and feel free to e-mail me if you have any more questions or want any more tips.

Stacey