Favorite Sports Bars in PV

Tips or questions on bars, clubs, discos, etc.

Moderators:admin, Moderators

Plus4
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God
Favorite Sports Bars in PV

Post by Plus4 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:52 pm

I am wondering what your fav sports bar is in PV :?:
Even on vacation many like to keep up with their fav. team be it hockey football soccer etc..

Our fav. is La Escondida and there will not be a trip to PV without stopping in.
210 Jacarandas (south side of river)
The taxi ride alone to La Escondida's is fun .
La Escondida's is off the track a bit which is nice for a change of view.

The place has a relaxed friendly atmosphere and you will meet interesting locals there.
The owner and her father are wonderful people.
So check out the place..look at the paraphernalia and plug in the jukebox that stands in the corner. :)

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:40 pm

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:48 pm

I think if you are looking for a wide variety of sports on the TV's as well as the memorialbilia i think No Name is still an excellent choice...

i would love to own Referee's... it is in a perfect spot and should be a lot busier than it is... in april i did notice that they have updated and did some painting around the building etc...

darn, now i want to get down there that much more...

We have several sports bars up here that i think would be great down there... Wallaby's here in Ames Iowa... Toad's in Cedar Falls Iowa or Pepper's in Cedar Falls/Waterloo Iowa... How many of you have Texas Roadhouse's in your area? These places are really popping up in Iowa and they have awesome food and great music and TV going all the time....

looking for investors... send your inquiries to BR459 LOL... :wink: :lol: 8)

Redd
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by Redd » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:43 pm

No Name Cafe gets my vote :wink:
Jane

teduardo
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by teduardo » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:11 pm

Has the new owner of No Name made the cocktail prices more realistic? In 2002 we were charged $65 MXP for a Smirnoff there, and vowed to never return.

For great ribs and satellite sports, El Torito on I. L. Vallarta gets my vote. And as already mentioned, La Escondida is a great place too, and since we always stay on the south side, it is not at all far off the track for us.

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:59 pm

i have heard of that El Torito... never been there... will have to put that down on the list of places for 2007....

good to see you teduardo... hope things are going better for you... sure have missed your insights on our favorite home... Vallarta...

ellen
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by ellen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:46 pm

El Torito has my vote. And we go for the 2 for 1 ribs several times during the month we're in residence.

DELETED

Post by DELETED » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:27 am

DELETED

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:46 pm

Road Trip that is for sure... Road trip for ribs, cocktatils, chimi's, cocktails, and good friends... El Torito's for the invasion 2007 kickoff party... :wink: :lol: 8) :shock:

BellaLuna
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by BellaLuna » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:25 am

No Name is a great place. Got to meet Don, the owner while I was down there, thanks to Diane (she met him at Andale's of all places). He is Canadian and an ex-hockey player and a really nice guy. I don't know if his prices for drinks are any cheaper, but if you want to watch sports and eat well, No Name is the place.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

El Torito

Post by Jennybean » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:18 pm

BTW guys, the ribs at El Torito are 2x1 in the afternoons. Last fall, 99 pesos for a full rack, perfectly done.

I've watched hockey there, Super Bowl, NASCAR, baseball, NFL...you name it, they had it. And the upper terrace is a great place to people watch.

Prices on drinks are reasonable too. I, like Ted, have not been back to No Name since being way overcharged for a cocktail or two, AND on my food. So here's hoping the new owner takes note and makes the prices less cringe worthy.

JPinBC

Post by JPinBC » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:36 pm

".... the ribs at El Torito are 2x1 in the afternoons. Last fall, 99 pesos for a full rack, perfectly done."

Right -- 2x1 ribs served from 2-4pm only. At other times, I believe the rib dinner was 114 pesos when we did it there in May. The big ribs come with choice of fries or baked spud, cole slaw, and bread, etc. Tasty, and very filling!!

BellaLuna
PV Guru
PV Guru

Post by BellaLuna » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:49 am

BellaLuna wrote:No Name is a great place. Got to meet Don, the owner while I was down there, thanks to Diane (she met him at Andale's of all places). He is Canadian and an ex-hockey player and a really nice guy. I don't know if his prices for drinks are any cheaper, but if you want to watch sports and eat well, No Name is the place.
Here's Me and Diane with Don, the owner of the No Name Cafe on our last day in PV last March

Voidman
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by Voidman » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:33 am

Referees? Why would they name the place Referees? Everyone hates them.

pdxbuff
PV Guru
PV Guru

Can't top the last one for sexy ladies but.....

Post by pdxbuff » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:32 am

Steve's Sports Bar on B. Badillo shows the NFL.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

NFL

Post by Jennybean » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:10 pm

About 99% of the bars show NFL - Steves, La Escondida, El Torito, Champions, etc. all have it. I've watched it in them all.

Including the Super Bowl in 2000 at El Torito...I don't remember much but I had a good time I'm told. :lol:

smitty
Venerable PV Semi-God
Venerable PV Semi-God

Sports Bars

Post by smitty » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:41 pm

One morning I looked inside the locked doors of the sports betting bar at the Holiday Inn . I thought it looked abandoned but the Bellboys said it opened at noon . Plastic tables and chairs , small TV's up high . Didn't look very inviting .

We passed another sports bar in the hotel zone before Referees but danged if I remember the name . Image

cprn00
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Sports Bars

Post by cprn00 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:48 pm

Went to El Torito for the super bowl. Was great - good crowd, good views, food was awesome (see the comments from others on the ribs!!!) Food service was real slow though - I think just because of the volume of people. Ordered before the game but didn't eat til halftime.

No Name Cafe seems to be hopping, and it's right off the Malecon too.

Craig

davilin
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Post by davilin » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:04 pm

A nice comfortable atmosphere for Sunday NFL games is "Tribu" at the Mayan Palace. A little pricy, though.

cprn00
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by cprn00 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:56 pm

Was at No Name last night - first time there. Posts were right - good place, but pricey. Not much selection if you're a beer drinker. Food was good. Didn't have the sound up for the games, so had to read the closed captions!!

May check out the Mayan too - if I get up that way.