PV for a month

Questions and answers specific to gay, lesbian and other lifestyles. Please note that this is a family forum and content should be readable by all ages.

Moderator:Moderators

themumbles
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
PV for a month

Post by themumbles » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:28 am

So I'm heading down to PV for almost a month in Feb. I'm going by myself most of the time but I have people coming to visit some of the time, too. What are good things to do for the 2 weeks I'm by myself? I want to roast on the beach, sleep, eat, and work out (good gyms, anyone?) ... but I was thinking I might be able to do some fun stuff too like horseback riding, snorkel, hike? any of that stuff do-able by yourself?

Also if I want to go to a gay bar without finding a completely cruisy atmosphere, what's good? paco paco or whatever sounds pretty seedy.

appreciate any advice.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Drinks

Post by Jennybean » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:39 am

If you want a gay bar to just relax without the cruising vibe, go to Garbo or Frida. Both will afford you just a cool vibe to kick back and enjoy a cocktail or two without the whole cheesy pickup routine. Apaches beside Andale would be another one (to a certain degree).

lyrihn
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic
Location:Higuera Blanca / El Tizate / La Cruz de Huanacaxtle

Post by lyrihn » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:36 pm

I'll second Garbo's and Frida's. El Noche is good too. Apache's is a much more mixed group of people and I have never enjoyed myself there. The first time a drunk woman (sloppy drunk) kept hitting on me and would not stop, the second time a drunk german salesman (vinyl windows) kept bothering me until i had to leave, and the 3rd time the gay waiter got too close to the non-gay waitress whose jealous boyfried was watching from across the street unbeknownst to all and who ran over and threw the little waiter at the wall, and then into the street threatening to kill him while his girlfriend yelled stop stop he's gay.

Anyway many people like apaches and the 2 for 1 martini hrs - but I prefer to pay a bit more for my drinks at garbo's where you get 100% total class.

As you walk around you will find many other places too. Im sure you will have a good time.

Regarding your other questions. There is plenty to do. You can go to the blue chairs area of the beach by the gay hotels (including torre malibu) and they have tour packages being offered for horseback riding, snorkling, etc and may be able to get together with a group of gay guys for specific tours.

If you want to go solo you can book the same tours off this very website as well.

I dont know of any organized tours for hiking - one idea is to go to the Botanical Gardens South of Vallarta - its gay owned, a very nice day trip and you can get some hiking in. If you're totally into hiking, I have 50 acres of tropical forest 40 minutes North of Vallarta and we can go hiking up there one day if you like - just email address is on my profile.

Im sure you will enjoy yourself

Gyms i cant help you with - I have a severe allergy to them

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

More Info

Post by Jennybean » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:25 pm

Other than Acqua Day Spa on the south side the only other gym I'm aware of in PV is Gold's in the hotel zone.

Re: Apaches...I guess I like it more earlier in the evening (closer to sunset), it's a bit quieter then, not quite so over the top. Later on though I tend to agree, it's quite the gong show. :lol:

I could really go for one of Javier's martinis at Garbo right now, it's been a hellish week - oh well, only 10 more months to wait!

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:11 pm

Hey Jen. it is only 8 months plus.....

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Counting Down

Post by Jennybean » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:13 pm

Oops...see what I mean about it being a hellish week? :lol: