Lesbian Friendly Resorts

Questions and answers specific to gay, lesbian and other lifestyles. Please note that this is a family forum and content should be readable by all ages.

Moderator:Moderators

Amanda'sCrissy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Lesbian Friendly Resorts

Post by Amanda'sCrissy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:55 pm

My partner and I will be traveling to Puerto Vallarta in late May. This will be our first trip out of the U.S. together, so we're extremely excited! I've been searching all over the web for a Lesbian friendly all-inclusive resort, but the only advertised gay resorts seem to cater to men only. I would prefer an adult only resort, but would consider others if needed. It would be nice to hold hands and snuggle on the beach while on vacation, so I'm hoping someone out there can give me some suggestions.

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi, I see that you are having the same issue as me when I went there 2 yrs. ago. Yes the market is for the guys but never less you can go anywhere with out having issues. We went the first time to El pescador that was a budget hotel but they were very friendly, we walk around hand to hand and we never felt threat at any point, we like to be affection with each but we were never a show off. I suggest if you want to find a hotel that in at the Zona Romantica or the old vallarta that is were the gay area is. We found The Apache bar that is own by a lesbian couple. W are going the fist week of April so I can give you a more update information if we find anything else. I know that is going to be slow on any guy activities because the big holidays will just finish so goes very slow after that.
Try to go to www.gayguidevallarta.com might help you.
If you have more questions let me know I will try to answer it for you.
:lol:

teatrolimon
PV Guru
PV Guru

blue chairs

Post by teatrolimon » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:03 pm

blue chairs is both friendly to men and women
howver they had a few issues of changes lately

from management and respect

ill make a few phone calls from my end to see if i can hellp one way or another

bruce

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:17 pm

This year we are staying at San Marino Plaza right at the Zona Romantica its AI and it was confired by some of the members of the forum that its a gay friendly hotel.
Have you books the trip yet?

Amanda'sCrissy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Lesbian Friendly Resorts

Post by Amanda'sCrissy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:35 pm

Thanks for the information. We have not booked our trip yet, but we plan to do so by the end of March. I really appreciate all of the great information! I will check on the hotels you all listed and make a note of the bars. I'm sooooo excited!

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:44 pm

I will try to get frensh information when I get back form there on April, probably by then you have book the trip but neverless I will get it for you. I don't know for how long are you going?
The first time we did we did adventure outside of PV, we took the buses to of a couple places; now that we had done it we are just probably go to Yelapa and relax more than anything else. NO we are not old :lol: but I am sure my partner will be in the mood of dancing [rocks] :P LOL

Amanda'sCrissy
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Lesbian Friendly Resorts

Post by Amanda'sCrissy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:06 pm

You've been very nice-thank you. We are mainly going to relax too, but we'll probably go out a couple of nights. I'll check out the San Marino Plaza. I hope you have a great time when you and your woman go. I look forward to hearing your feedback!

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:40 pm

Maybe it is just us, but in 24 years of going to PV, my Wife and I, have never seen a problem with Gay couples there. Never saw a Gay couple, be it Male or Female refused service or treated badly. To us it is just another couple there to have a good time, just like we were. I would not worry one bit. Just go have a good time.

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Thanks Howard, I think the comment coming from you make it even more confident for us a "gay" to feel welcome.
[goodpost]

howard_jax
PV Master
PV Master

Post by howard_jax » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:55 pm

I really hope it did make you feel better about going. We do have in our group Gays we have met in PV or through one of the boards and they are as comfortable with us as we are with them. I repeat, we are all there to have a great vacation and do.

Jennybean
PV Oracle
PV Oracle

Mercurio

Post by Jennybean » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:58 pm

Amanda - look into the Hotel Mercurio. It's mainly advertised as a gay men's hotel but can't imagine the gay aspect would not extend to a lesbian couple. hotel-mercurio.com

It isn't a large hotel but it gets very good ratings from people. Not fancy, just clean and a comfortable atmosphere. I would definitely prefer this place to the Blue Chairs, which seems to waver in reviews from average to sub-par dump most of the time (too bad really, the location rocks).

Also, you could try the Brisas del Mar. I've stayed there myself twice (single straight female) and it is very gay friendly. I know the manager, Mark, very well - he's a good friend and this place will treat you very well. Every room is a suite with full kitchen and separate bedroom, and they all face the ocean. brisasvallarta.com

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:10 pm

I was trying to remember the name of the Mercurio's hotel too when I was doing my booking but my partner decide to do it AI this trip, I saw Blue chairs but like you most of the comments are not good.
For my next trip I will used this information my self.

Thanks for the tips it will come handy :lol:

Mrs Magoo x2
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

It's all gay/lesbian friendly

Post by Mrs Magoo x2 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:42 pm

We have lesbian friends that stay at the all-inclusives up in the expensive end of town and they've never had a problem. We are leaving April 6 and are staying at Hotel Mercurio, which our 'boyfriends' (2 gay men) stayed at last year and they highly recommended it to us.

Any suggestions for great day trips, anyone?

Menchis
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by Menchis » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:30 pm

http://www.puertovallarta.net/tours/index.php -
This is a good site to check.
I also will check the other subjects in this forum, they are very helpful and you can get a quick answer or suggestions. I had good ones two years ago, give it a try and you will be suprise on how much inf. you can get for those who are living there or just came back.
Any ways you can take the buses and go to the other closes towns, We went to Sayulita and Bucerios and we did not spend a lot of money on transportation. I will this trip to go to Yelapa, now we are still thinking to take the water taxi vrs. the tours, but Yelapa is a beatifull place to spend time on the beach.

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:38 pm

San Marino Plaza: http://www.puertovallarta.net/accommoda ... .php?id=34 (I've stayed there and the atmosphere is quite relaxed, gay couples and well as non-gay families) JB has confirmed that they are still a mixed hotel.

Blue Chairs: http://www.puertovallarta.net/accommoda ... .php?id=61

I hope we offer competitive rates, plus you'll support the site and forum.

Menchis has mentioned the tours section, we are sure you'll find good offers there, 8 years experience and a guarantee of service (otherwise we couldn't have this open forum on the site).

Greetings

Mogens
Webmaster