Moving To PV

Questions and answers specific to gay, lesbian and other lifestyles. Please note that this is a family forum and content should be readable by all ages.

Moderator:Moderators

afoster
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Moving To PV

Post by afoster » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:00 am

I have been doing a lot of research on immigrating to PV. My partner and I have been together for 15 years. I am HIV+ and he is not. I am from the US and he is Canadian. I am not on Medicare, but could be.

We will not be working, as we will be retiring to PV. When looking on the immigration website, I noticed that no one will be allowed with a pre- existing condition or chronic illness. I have searched and searched and can not find any rules.

Does this mean I will not be able to immigrate to Mexico? And, if we can immigrate, do we go without prescriptions and health care until we are residents? Also, do you know of anyone that has immigrated with similar circumstances or know who I should contact?

Thanks for any and all help!!!!

kcowan
PV Master
PV Master

Post by kcowan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:53 am

I am afraid that all medical coverage will be unavailable owing to the pre-condition. Your best bet is US Medicare. Then get evacuation insurance.

charlieb

Post by charlieb » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Medicare does not cover people outside the U.S. except for an emergency along the border where the closest medical facility is in the foreign country, and then only for stabilization. Medicare does not cover the cost of medivac. Chuck... 8)

lacrossepredictive

Re:

Post by lacrossepredictive » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:01 pm

kcowan wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:53 am
I am afraid that all medical coverage will be unavailable owing to the pre-condition. Your best bet is US Medicare. Then get evacuation insurance.
And why do you afraid of?