Gay Christmas and New Years :-D

Questions and answers specific to gay, lesbian and other lifestyles. Please note that this is a family forum and content should be readable by all ages.

Moderator:Moderators

msavoy27
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum
Gay Christmas and New Years :-D

Post by msavoy27 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:56 pm

Does anyone know where the best gay parties are going to be in PV for New Years??? :D And do you have to buy tickets in advance?? My bf and I are heading down for 2 weeks over xmas...can't wait!!!

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:32 am

Head for Club Paco Paco and go from there. I am sure that you will find a floating party some where. Did you know that Puerto Vallarta has one of the highest gay populations in all of Mexico? It also has some of the highest gay tourist numbers in Mexico as well. Just a couple of little pieces of trivia for you.

Good luck and Have fun... If a straight guy and his wife can have fun at club Paco Paco, you can too....

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Gay Christmas and New Years :-D

Post by stew » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:02 am

msavoy27 wrote:Does anyone know where the best gay parties are going to be in PV for New Years??? :D And do you have to buy tickets in advance?? My bf and I are heading down for 2 weeks over xmas...can't wait!!!
I'm sure that you have heard of the Blue Umbrella beach café on Los Muertos which is the original Gay hangout in PV dating back to even before my first trip to PV in '85. I'm sure all info will be available there. The guy population both transient & permanent is huge in PV.
P.S. My wife & I always enjoyed the huge Xmas tree & Santa that they make out of a palapa at the "Blue Umbrella" each year.

msavoy27
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Post by msavoy27 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:04 am

tojol57 wrote:Head for Club Paco Paco and go from there. I am sure that you will find a floating party some where. Did you know that Puerto Vallarta has one of the highest gay populations in all of Mexico? It also has some of the highest gay tourist numbers in Mexico as well. Just a couple of little pieces of trivia for you.

Good luck and Have fun... If a straight guy and his wife can have fun at club Paco Paco, you can too....
Thanks a lot for the info! My partner and I were in Puerto Vallarta last June and we LOVED it! It was kind of the down season though so there weren't a lot of tourists at the time....that's why we're really looking forward to going there over xmas because there should be lots of people and lots of stuff going on.

billybob
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by billybob » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:33 pm

"My wife and I" HAHAHAHA

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Gay

Post by stew » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:59 pm

billybob wrote:"My wife and I" HAHAHAHA

You find the fact that I have a wife is amusing? I know other than the Garlic fest things are pretty slow in Gilroy what with watching haircuts & checking out the new pics at the post office is the highlight of your week still me being married is just not that humorous. I'm actually on my third. Took me a long time to get it right but Finally made it!

msavoy27
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Gay

Post by msavoy27 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:23 pm

stew wrote:

You find the fact that I have a wife is amusing? I know other than the Garlic fest things are pretty slow in Gilroy what with watching haircuts & checking out the new pics at the post office is the highlight of your week still me being married is just not that humorous. I'm actually on my third. Took me a long time to get it right but Finally made it!
I have a "wife" too :D He gets a little annoyed when I call him that, but it's all in good fun! The beach palapa xmas tree thing sounds cool! Oh how I can't wait for dec 21 so I can lay back and relax on the beach for 2 whole weeks!

Jennybean

Nightlife

Post by Jennybean » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:37 pm

Try stopping at The Palm too. I suspect there will be a show through the Christmas season of some sort. If not, Friday nights at 11pm you can go enjoy the humour and musical stylings of Ida Slapter. (-;

Other bars include Frida and Los Amigos for cold cheap cerveza and funky atmosphere. Los Amigos also runs gay bingo on Wednesdays. And for class and upscale drinks, try Garbos or the Kit Kat. Killer martinis at both, and the Kit Kat has some excellent food too.

How do I, as a straight female, know all this? Many gay friends and a fantastic 19 day trip hanging out with a lot of them. LOL

New Year's Eve there is a street party on Olas Altas, you can just join the fun there.

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Gay

Post by stew » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:57 pm

msavoy27 wrote:
stew wrote:

I have a "wife" too :D He gets a little annoyed when I call him that, but it's all in good fun! The beach palapa xmas tree thing sounds cool! Oh how I can't wait for dec 21 so I can lay back and relax on the beach for 2 whole weeks!
Yeah but mine is a female, in fact all three were/are. As I get older (63 today) & I have to have certain medical "tests" that include bending over I soon realized that the "gay lifestyle" would never be for me!

palapa_gal
PV Semi-God
PV Semi-God

Re: Birthday Wishes

Post by palapa_gal » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:30 pm

stew wrote: As I get older (63 today)

Well,

Stew. Hope you have a great day.

msavoy27
PV Beachbum
PV Beachbum

Re: Nightlife

Post by msavoy27 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:06 pm

Jennybean wrote:Try stopping at The Palm too. I suspect there will be a show through the Christmas season of some sort. If not, Friday nights at 11pm you can go enjoy the humour and musical stylings of Ida Slapter. (-;

Other bars include Frida and Los Amigos for cold cheap cerveza and funky atmosphere. Los Amigos also runs gay bingo on Wednesdays. And for class and upscale drinks, try Garbos or the Kit Kat. Killer martinis at both, and the Kit Kat has some excellent food too.

How do I, as a straight female, know all this? Many gay friends and a fantastic 19 day trip hanging out with a lot of them. LOL

New Year's Eve there is a street party on Olas Altas, you can just join the fun there.
WOW!!!! Any fag would be lucky to have your for his hag!!! Sounds like you have been to all of the cool places. Thanks for all the info...my bf and I will definately check them out..especially the killer martini place...it sounds awesome!

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Re: Birthday Wishes

Post by stew » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:47 pm

palapa_gal wrote:
stew wrote: As I get older (63 today)

Well,

Stew. Hope you have a great day.
Gracias!

Jennybean

Bars

Post by Jennybean » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:50 pm

Garbos usually has a great jazz pianist too.

BTW, with the exception of Frida and Los Amigos, which are north, all of the places I mentioned - The Palm, Garbos, Kit Kat - are all within walking distance of each other on the south end of Olas Altas and west on Pulpito, near the Hotel Torre de Oro.

Also stop at Mama Delore's for some great home cookin'. Mama is a great guy. (-;

tojol57

Post by tojol57 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:47 am

Hapy Birthday Stew, Welcome home JennyBean, Hello Palapa Girl...

Hey stew, well i am on wife #2... and sticking with her as well... finally found the love of my life with Lorrie...

As for BillyBob, enough said...

Masavoy27, you and your partner go down and have a great time... I think JennyBean has given you a lot of great suggestions. And she is a very well knowledged traveller of Vallarta...

Tom

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Billybob

Post by stew » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:34 am

tojol57 wrote:Hapy Birthday Stew, Welcome home JennyBean, Hello Palapa Girl...

Hey stew, well i am on wife #2... and sticking with her as well... finally found the love of my life with Lorrie...

As for BillyBob, enough said...

Masavoy27, you and your partner go down and have a great time... I think JennyBean has given you a lot of great suggestions. And she is a very well knowledged traveller of Vallarta...

Tom
You have to understand is that Billybob comes from the equivalent of Podunk Center in Iowa! To be pittyed more than censured. LOL

flyawayplus4
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Post by flyawayplus4 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:10 am

Happy Birthday Stew!! :)

billybob
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by billybob » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:21 am

Hey hey hey, Sorry Stew I just thought it was funny you included that disclaimer. Now back to podunk Gilroy and at least we are not the murder capital. Happy b day.lol

Msavoy: That was a good one.

Tojo: Stew says Gilroy is like being from Iowa isnt that where your from brother?
I didnt say nothing about nobody so back off, I just thought it was funny so fricken sorry nuf said? Group hug?

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Murder Capitol

Post by stew » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:21 am

billybob wrote:Hey hey hey, Sorry Stew I just thought it was funny you included that disclaimer. Now back to podunk Gilroy and at least we are not the murder capital. Happy b day.lo
You are behind the times out there in the country. San Francisco wrestled the murder title away from Oakland last year & continues to lead Northern California this year! Now LA puts the whole bay area to shame in that category. They have more homicides in a month than we do in a year.

billybob
PV Fan
PV Fan

Post by billybob » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:40 am

Oakland may not be at the top any more but there not far behind and there solving is not so good either, but I just heard Oakland solved a big one today.

stew
PV Fanatic
PV Fanatic

Wrong again

Post by stew » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:10 am

billybob wrote:Oakland may not be at the top any more but there not far behind and there solving is not so good either, but I just heard Oakland solved a big one today.
My country amigo. Good ole San Fran has the worst murder conviction rate in the entire country in their size category. You just got to get to town more often! LOL